Notre dame cathedral in Paris is on fire..

15 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

Just seen a young female firefighter who was at Notre Dame on the night of the fire.

Ah thats good then. Never saw then on the march before but it's been a few years since I've seen it.

....for those that are not aware, the Paris fire service is the Brigade des saupers-pompiers de Paris. and is part of the French Army, rather than a civilan fire service. They parade along with the rest of the Army on Bastille Day - firefighters armed with assualt rifles are a peculiarly French thing...

15 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

Just seen a young female firefighter who was at Notre Dame on the night of the fire.

Are you sure it wasn't Esmarelda. :hihi:

25 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Ah thats good then. Never saw then on the march before but it's been a few years since I've seen it.

....for those that are not aware, the Paris fire service is the Brigade des saupers-pompiers de Paris. and is part of the French Army, rather than a civilan fire service. They parade along with the rest of the Army on Bastille Day - firefighters armed with assualt rifles are a peculiarly French thing...

Hmmm... :huh:

... well that sounds a bit dangerous to me.

I hope they don't get confused if they hear someone shout 'fire!'... :o

On 18/04/2019 at 11:25, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... well that sounds a bit dangerous to me.

I hope they don't get confused if they hear someone shout 'fire!'... :o

They'd be very confused if someone shouted in English.😮

In French - the words for fire as in lots of flames and fire as in shoot are totally different and highly unlikely to cause confusion.............

Theres probably a reason for the infantry being known as fusilliers....;)