Hillsborough 30 years Remembrance Thread

Vaati

This thread is not to discuss events or blame any parties involved. A post has already been removed. Any further posts along this line will result in your account being suspended.

Message added by Vaati

As the title says.  Please don't use this thread to discuss events or blame as that might possibly jeopardise further legal proceedings.  I would like this to be a place where we simply honour those that lost their lives on that tragic day 30 years ago today. 

God bless you all and your families and may they find peace.  We will never forget you.  

It doesn't seem like 30 years ago. I remember it well. 

RIP.

I was there leave it at that

I will never forget that day. My wife was on the phone with her mum, as it was unfolding and all I remember initially was my wife turning to me and saying that lots of people have been killed at Hillsborough. I was stunned especially as my two oldest sons (21 & 19 then) who stayed in England with their mum when I came to Canada, were both mad Wednesdayites. I had no idea it was not Wednesday playing until my father in law got on the phone and said it was a semi final. As awful as it may sound, I was euphoric that my sons would not have been there. However, when I saw some of those awful pictures and read the reports in the next day's papers, a feeling of utter despair and sadness fell over me and I cried my eyes out.   RIP  to all those young souls who died and nothing but enormous condolences to their families and friends.

R.I.P  to all who lost their lives,   and my heartfelt condolences to their families and friends.

I remember this vividly.  When I first heard the news I was returning home to Hillsborough from a week long residential training course at Liverpool University.

I was on the kop on the day with the forest lads,had a few drinks with liverpool fans prior to setting off.

Witnessed it all unfold across the pitch,one of my saddest days at a football match.

I was heavily pregnant with my lovely daughter so the time around her birthday always reminds me of the tragedy