Strange knock at the door asking if we were Polish

1 hour ago, JJJones said:

yeah if they were JW's they would've fully explained who they were and why they were calling.

Lol yeah, big time, they would spend as much time as you would allow them to tell you who they were. I have had a few funny encounters with the Watchtower brigade over the years. 

11 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Lol yeah, big time, they would spend as much time as you would allow them to tell you who they were. I have had a few funny encounters with the Watchtower brigade over the years. 

Me too, Mr T.   Like the time I invited them in for a coffee and biscuits, they sat down and I asked them what they wanted to talk about..

They gave me a blank look and said, don"t know we"ve never got this far before.

4 hours ago, Mossway said:

Surely the strangest bit was that they left through the window?

😆😆😆

They might have been trying to find a plumber.

Could have been doing market research to see if it was worth opening a polish food shop.  They are popping up all over the place.

11 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Could have been doing market research to see if it was worth opening a polish food shop.  They are popping up all over the place.

Top answer.😀

53 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Top answer.😀

It is a good answer, Polish delis are brilliant, but according to the OP they didn't knock on anyone else's door. Maybe they were the only white family on the street eh?:confused:

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Me too, Mr T.   Like the time I invited them in for a coffee and biscuits, they sat down and I asked them what they wanted to talk about..

They gave me a blank look and said, don"t know we"ve never got this far before.

Ha ha ha! good one mate!

19 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

It is a good answer, Polish delis are brilliant, but according to the OP they didn't knock on anyone else's door. Maybe they were the only white family on the street eh?:confused:

Ha ha ha! good one mate!

You watched 'Black Books' as well then, top comedy series.

A post has been removed.
If you’re going to copy and paste from other websites please also provide a link to the source.

Edited by nikki-red

1 hour ago, JJJones said:

You watched 'Black Books' as well then, top comedy series.

Black Books ?  That joke is from the 70s

Likewise I recently had a similar experience, however it was Two Polish young women, who knocked on My door, asking if there were any Polish living in the Local Area, I said not! But I did point them in the direction of the Sheffield Polish Club. 

I asked why they just wanted Polish People, they cast the comment aside, saying they wanted to find them, So I gathered they were either looking for the local enclave of Polish, or friends to stay at? Then never gave it a second thought...however I did think it was a strange encounter ... Maybe they were lost Polish Aliens?