Strange knock at the door asking if we were Polish

Just had 2 men knock on our door asking if we were Polish. I replied no. They then asked if any of our neighbours were Polish. Again, I responded no and they were polite and left. I thought this was a little strange and watched them leave through the window. They didn't knock on any other doors, just walked to the end of the road. Does anyone have any similar experiences? Maybe it's innocent, it just seems a little weird...

6 minutes ago, bungleboy69 said:

Just had 2 men knock on our door asking if we were Polish. I replied no. They then asked if any of our neighbours were Polish. Again, I responded no and they were polite and left. I thought this was a little strange and watched them leave through the window. They didn't knock on any other doors, just walked to the end of the road. Does anyone have any similar experiences? Maybe it's innocent, it just seems a little weird...

That's how the 2nd World war started!

Surely the strangest bit was that they left through the window?

21 minutes ago, bungleboy69 said:

Who was asking?

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

7 minutes ago, Mossway said:

:hihi:

Edited by Ontarian1981

9 minutes ago, Mossway said:

That may be a bit strange, but stop calling him Shirley

Yes, I liked Airplane as well !

I had this happen last year not sure they moved on nothing sinister has happened since.

Jehovahs Witnesses have foreign language congregations  and  occasionally knock on doors just looking for a particular nationality or language, then someone speaking that language will call.

Edited by JJJones

1 hour ago, bungleboy69 said:

When you first opened the door to them did they not introduce themselves first before asking you? I'd have said "who's asking?" before saying anything, and if they not forthcoming with who they are I'd have told them to jog on.

yeah if they were JW's they would've fully explained who they were and why they were calling.

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

Weirdly if you google that occurrence there are others people posting similar occurrences.