Manchester Airport, now charging to drop off / pick up passengers

(Only slight thread drift)

If you use Liverpool Airport do use the free Drop Off 2  place as there’s a van  run by a company (whose name I can’t remember) who are  authorised to impose on the spot penalties for people dropping off  passengers on the approach roads to the airport.

When Manchester Airport brought this in they said it was to ease congestion. 😐

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

When Manchester Airport brought this in they said it was to ease congestion. 😐

Well, they’re not going to say it’s to screw more  revenue from the punters are they ?

15 hours ago, Mossway said:

Well, they’re not going to say it’s to screw more  revenue from the punters are they ?

Well obviously they not going to say oh we have come up with a new way of ripping our passengers off are they, but to say it was to relieve congestion makes it look like they take the public for fools.

Anyone picked anybody up from T1 at Manchester Airport recently ? 

I know there’s a lot of works  around T3, can you still pick up outside T1 or do you have to use the multi storey  for pick ups?

(I know it’s increased to £4-50)

Replying to my own question :

Despite the info on the Man Airport site being somewhat ambivalent, the  pick up car park outside T1 is still functional and you don’t have to use the multi storey.

What I would suggest, since it’s often gridlock getting to the T1 park, is to disregard the signage - if you’re coming from either Styal or the A555 - take the turning left off Ringway Road West for T3  and after you pass T3 follow the signs for T1 Arrivals- this places you in the left lane and you avoid the bottleneck from those driving south off the western end of Ringway Rd West who’ve followed the the airport signposting.

If you can get a similar flight from Liverpool it’s worth the extra 30 minutes and the £2 each way charge on the new bridge !