Eyre st apoea car park today

Advertised as £2.90 for 4 hours Saturday  and Sunday,  came back from football and entered token £9!, put it on pad inside kiosk tried again and £5.50, same again on next try so decided to pay as people were getting angry and anxious to get home. Some paid the £9 just to go, then a wait from 5.15 to 6.05 to exit car park( this is normal match days , unless you're a olympic sprinter!).

No one in the office,

they were new machines showing £6 for 4 hours anyway 

Wouldnt it be easier to put someone on  to take the money?,

Absolute rip off!,

1 hour ago, pintor said:

Advertised as £2.90 for 4 hours Saturday  and Sunday,  came back from football and entered token £9!, put it on pad inside kiosk tried again and £5.50, same again on next try so decided to pay as people were getting angry and anxious to get home. Some paid the £9 just to go, then a wait from 5.15 to 6.05 to exit car park( this is normal match days , unless you're a olympic sprinter!).

No one in the office,

they were new machines showing £6 for 4 hours anyway 

Wouldnt it be easier to put someone on  to take the money?,

Absolute rip off!,

Inner city parking worldwide is a rip off. Privatisation at it's worst. What gets me is the parking prices for hospital visiting, it's a nightmare when you have a family member in for long stretches as we have had. I am actually glad I no longer drive, but I am fortunate in that we live a 5-minute walk from a major subway/bus station with multiple bus carriers and can get anywhere I want to go quite effortlessly, speedy and cheap. Mind you, it wasn't always that way, I have had decades of driving and all the parking crap etc that goes with it, don't miss it one little bit.

24 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Privatisation at it's worst.

What has privatisation got to do with the price of parking in a multi storey car park that has been owned and operated by the private sector from day one?

31 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

What has privatisation got to do with the price of parking in a multi storey car park that has been owned and operated by the private sector from day one?

Yeah I got carried away there,I was talking about hospital parking in particular. Hospital land was sold off to private companies over here, which led to exhorbitant parking fees. But there are other cases like a major toll road that was built by government then sold off to a private foreign company that doubled the tolls. There are other cases of public land sold and turned into private parking lots in downtown Toronto with very high prices. I was assuming this stuff. happens everywhere, but can't prove it,of course.

Edited by Ontarian1981

14 hours ago, Planner1 said:

The car park hasn't been "privatised" so to  speak because as you pointed out it was privately run from inception, but Ontarion's sentiments about private companies and car parks, particularly hospital car parks, are valid.

Edited by Yeah but