Blades vs Millwall

Posted (edited)

ScotIt wasn't

Millwall's fault there was no VAR Mr.T,  as VAR is only allowed at Premier clubs playing at home in the FA cup (how's that for football democracy). And Everton lost today to a Fulham team, one of the worst teams to play in the recent Premier, the likes of Johnny Haynes and George Cohen would be mystified and as for the Millers and Fulham, remember when they (Tommy Doc) brought Scotland international Graham Leggatt to Millmoor ?

Edited by St Petre
add

3 hours ago, Longy67 said:

I don't get that thinking, I know you post some strange posts, but why would a fan hope their own team loses, no matter what is at stake???:confused:

I didn't want us to lose but helps take the edge off losing knowing it didn't help your lots automatic hopes😁.

I don't get any owls wanting us to lose though, I want us to win all games we play in

3 hours ago, bendix said:

Not the whole city.  Plenty of Leeds fans here.  MOT

Where is "here "though ? Lol

Posted (edited)

Well that was a kick in the teeth, a "perfect storm" almost, two of our best players (Bash and Billy) off with injury (you know it would have been bad for Basham to come off), and then Egan red carded.  One of the worst ref's I have seen in years (and let's face it, the standard seems to have dropped badly in the last decade).

Anyone who thought that Leeds would slip up were badly mistaken, I talked to an SWFC mate after the game and he said that it was only the Owls keeper kept them in it, it could have been three or four nil.   Villa might have a chance of beating Leeds, SWFC?, no where near. 

Edited by Grappler

Watching the game was a strange and ultimately depressing experience, which left me with the feeling that we won't get automatic promotion and even if we went up via the playoffs, this squad is nowhere near good enough for the Premiership. The squad seemed to be suffering from a collective multiple personality syndrome; they played cautious, measured football in the first half, looked like Liverpool at the start of the second half then went into their shells after scoring the goal. They've been over-achieving all season and the effort seems to have drained their batteries. McGoldrick needs to play in midfield in place of Duffy or Fleck, who look like shadows of their former selves and Norwood isn't playing as well as he did when he first joined us. Chris Wilder needs to get the financial backing he needs to move us on instead of extending the contracts of players in their thirties, no matter how well they're playing at the time because we need a couple of young, athletic players in midfield. It's been a great season but it seems to be fizzling out just when we need to be finishing with a bang.

I don't want to ruin people's Sundays but neither Sheffield team will be in premier league

Leeds are going to get that 2nd spot

And Aston Villa will win promotion by playoffs

Let's look on bright side with Huddersfield down there will be be great local Derby's next season, so we need Rotherham to stay up.

If Barnsley and Doncaster get promoted it will be a season of local Derbys in the championship

Where's the fun in being the premier league whipping boys?

The lowest ever points tally is 8points

If either Sheffield team got promoted that points of shame record would be broken

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Grappler said:

Villa might have a chance of beating Leeds, SWFC?, no where near. 

Err? I beg to differ Graps.

When we play, we can play. Under Bruce we've been 80% more attack minded. The football is much improved. We've created 10 times more chances and recently, we've not been bad at putting them away.

Villa, who you say could maybe beat L***s were extremely lucky to get anything at Hillsborough. The Telly people (again) only saw the Villa victory and saw the 'Villa Bandwagon rolling on' but they failed to see that Wednesday slaughtered 'em.

Because it was us on telly, they would probably have just shown the 5 minutes of Villa dominance and goal and then waxed lyrical about 'how good Villa are at the moment'.

Yes, we know it's goals that count, but don't tell me you haven't seen United murder a team and come out on the losing side?

Against Leeds, it sounded  (I only had radio coverage) that we never really got going.

We didn't defend well, we didn't compete very well in midfield and we only had a couple of half chances.

L***s of all teams, the team that every other club in the country dislikes, very, very, much.

Sorry we couldn't do you a favour.

I couldn't be sorrier, to be honest.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

26 minutes ago, rogets said:

I don't want to ruin people's Sundays but neither Sheffield team will be in premier league

Leeds are going to get that 2nd spot

And Aston Villa will win promotion by playoffs

Let's look on bright side with Huddersfield down there will be be great local Derby's next season, so we need Rotherham to stay up.

If Barnsley and Doncaster get promoted it will be a season of local Derbys in the championship

Where's the fun in being the premier league whipping boys?

The lowest ever points tally is 8points

If either Sheffield team got promoted that points of shame record would be broken

One of your sensible posts Rogets, I think the bubble has well and truly burst at the lane, hope your wrong and Blades pull it of, but I agree Leeds get 2nd, Villa win play offs.

Posted (edited)

I really wish we could get to the Play-Offs and get at Villa again.

They don't scare me one jot anymore.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

44 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I really wish we could get to the Play-Offs and get at Villa again.

They don't scare me one jot anymore.

You should be after last weekend

Chance after chance, missed penalty?

And the owls still lost?

The bickering and attacks are to cease.

11 hours ago, despritdan said:

Watching the game was a strange and ultimately depressing experience, which left me with the feeling that we won't get automatic promotion and even if we went up via the playoffs, this squad is nowhere near good enough for the Premiership. The squad seemed to be suffering from a collective multiple personality syndrome; they played cautious, measured football in the first half, looked like Liverpool at the start of the second half then went into their shells after scoring the goal. They've been over-achieving all season and the effort seems to have drained their batteries. McGoldrick needs to play in midfield in place of Duffy or Fleck, who look like shadows of their former selves and Norwood isn't playing as well as he did when he first joined us. Chris Wilder needs to get the financial backing he needs to move us on instead of extending the contracts of players in their thirties, no matter how well they're playing at the time because we need a couple of young, athletic players in midfield. It's been a great season but it seems to be fizzling out just when we need to be finishing with a bang.

I agree, we were only a shadow of how this squad can play. Refs have a difficult job but it all equals in a season.  Onwards and upwards   UTB