Satay Yo Beer

Anyone been? Menu looks interesting but never tried it.

I went once just after it opened. The food was OK, not memorable. Seem to remember its one of those places that sells small portions (tapas style), not particularly cheap, so you end up spending a lot because there's so many tasty options, but you end up feeling like you'v not had a proper meal!

If you like that sort of food, Bahn Thai on Eccy Rd do a great value lunchtime menu- £9.95 for starter and main. Its a limited menu at lunchtime but all the favourites are on, and the main comes with a side of rice etc so there are no 'add ons' other than your drink. The food is top notch. Only downside was it was very quiet. They don't seem to promote it very much.

Cheers. It was pretty good tbh. Nice that there was a range of many cuisines to choose from so we had stuff originating from Korea, Thailand and Malaysia.

I have always quite liked it when I've been. I'm not sure I recall the tapas concept as I had a rather large bowl of Oriental (can't recall where precisely) curry and rice.

I have only been once some time ago and wasn't impressed

I've not been, but just looking at some of the photo's posted on the net I don't think I'd be in a rush to go.  As minx says, it appears to be little tapas dishes and there's quite a bit of fried looking stuff as well.  I'm not sure that really goes with ice cold beers tbh.  I think I'd rather go for a proper Chinese meal somewhere.  

Have you tried Bundobust by any chance?  (Unfortunately there's not one in Sheffield - surprise, surprise, but Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool have got them).  Indian street food with good beer.  Now that's more like it I think.  Link below...

http://bundobust.com/

Edited by DerbyTup

Big fan of Bundobust in Leeds. Despite the fact its vegetarian only 🙂

Beer choice was v limited but I lioked the tapas style. We tried a good number of dishes rather than be over-faced and over-full. Prfer quality not quantity and it wor pretty good imho.