Is gender inequality in sentencing ok?

nikki-red

Numerous posts have been removed from this thread.

If you cant have a discussion without resorting to insults and personal comments then please dont post at all.

Message added by nikki-red

6 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Yep, same with women.

Ah, the old women are thick men are superior argument 😛

1 hour ago, Bash Street said:

Yep, same with women.

Explain. 

6 hours ago, Cyclone said:

The legal system however shouldn't.  There is no justifiable reason to punish anyone differently depending on gender or sex.

I am sure people should be tried on the evidence of the crime. Men are more violent than women, perhaps that is why there is a difference?

21 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Explain. 

http://bravetheworld.com/2016/08/09/50-real-differences-men-women/

7 hours ago, Bash Street said:

The female is far less capable of criminality than a male, they just aren't as bad as males are, it is in their make up, if you can't accept that then that's a problem you have to deal with.

As a man who has never committed a crime, and in the knowledge that many women have committed crimes, I find that insulting. Putting that to one side though, whether or not a gender is inately more capable of criminality is irrelevant to the punishment for acting on it. If anything, it means men should be treated more leniently due to such supposedly natural capabilities.

20 hours ago, Bash Street said:

Take your point over the verb.

If you'd been paying attention you'd be under no illusion why  I favour ladies over men. Just because you didn't like the first answer or answers doesn't mean you are due an alternative.

The facts are like this if you don't understand, in the UK and the US, the judiciary view women as different to men in so much as they administer lighter sentences. And I agree with them.

Please refer to my previous posts and i'm sure your head will light up like a 60 watt bulb at some time, although I wouldn't wager on it.

You've not explained the "why" part.

19 hours ago, Bash Street said:

Problem with me is that I'm a dyed in the wool Tyke.

From Wiktionary,

In the dialects found in Yorkshire and North East England, the past tense and past participle form tret (/tɹɛt/) is sometimes encountered.

Tyke? Just in case that confuses you as well. here's the explanation,

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tyke

I'm from England and speak English.

7 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

As a man who has never committed a crime, and in the knowledge that many women have committed crimes, I find that insulting. Putting that to one side though, whether or not a gender is inately more capable of criminality is irrelevant to the punishment for acting on it. If anything, it means men should be treated more leniently due to such supposedly natural capabilities.

Faux outrage.

You've not explained the "why" part.

Copy and paste my reply to halibut into your browser.

I'm from England and speak English.

It wasn't you who used the term, it was me. You clearly understood what I meant though as you obviously thought you were being clever but actually fell flat on your face.😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Faux outrage.

Not faux, but in any case you ignored the point. Have another try: 

Putting that to one side though, whether or not a gender is inately more capable ofcriminality is irrelevant to the punishment for acting on it. If anything, it means men should be treated more leniently due to such supposedly natural capabilities.

26 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

It wasn't you who used the term, it was me. You clearly understood what I meant though as you obviously thought you were being clever but actually fell flat on your face.😂😂😂

I've tried to find any of your posts that give the "why" but was not successful. Maybe you could repeat it for my benefit?

As for your last comment, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. Maybe you could just use English in future?

15 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Not faux, but in any case you ignored the point. Have another try: 

Putting that to one side though, whether or not a gender is inately more capable ofcriminality is irrelevant to the punishment for acting on it. If anything, it means men should be treated more leniently due to such supposedly natural capabilities.

You may have a point worth arguing with the men getting lighter sentences, i'll look forward to you expanding on that.

12 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

You have to start paying attention.

Just now, Bash Street said:

You may have a point worth arguing with the men getting lighter sentences, i'll look forward to you expanding on that.

I don't need to because I'm not arguing it. I'm undermining your argument. My argument is both genders should be sentenced equally for the same crime.

Looking forward to seeing why you think they shouldn't be?

4 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I don't need to because I'm not arguing it. I'm undermining your argument. My argument is both genders should be sentenced equally for the same crime.

Well put. If there was a 'Like' Button, I would have pressed it.!

10 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Go back to your OP and read it all again.