SINGLE OAP PENSION

23 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

I can’t be sympathetic with this at all. The disparity in pension ages between men and women needed to be reigned in. There was absolutely no justifiable reason for there to be such a difference in the first place. So with men and women pension ages being aligned it is only fairer. Why should women end up contributing less but claim more by virtue of a longer life expectancy. If you have to work longer then so be it. 

The line in the sand needed to be drawn somewhere. Unluckily you fell on the wrong side of it. 

It did, I totally agree.

But the way it was done has disadvantaged a group of women with birthdays over a 5 year span massively.  That's why it's up for a judicial review.  There was no reason it couldn't have been phased in over a slightly longer time period and not caused unexpected financial hardship to this small group of people.

11 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

It did, I totally agree.

But the way it was done has disadvantaged a group of women with birthdays over a 5 year span massively.  That's why it's up for a judicial review.  There was no reason it couldn't have been phased in over a slightly longer time period and not caused unexpected financial hardship to this small group of people.

Yes I agree something needed to be done.  

It's the way it was implimented that is so unfair.  

ez8004  I think you'd be a tad miffed if you'd been done out of about  £45,000  through no fault of your own.

20 hours ago, francypants said:

ez8004  I think you'd be a tad miffed if you'd been done out of about  £45,000  through no fault of your own.

I don’t blame you for being angry, as Cyclone said it should have been phased in over a longer period of time.  

I didn’t know that there was a judicial review,  I hope it goes your way.

Edited by hauxwell

8 hours ago, francypants said:

It was £45k you didn’t deserve. You’re too self entitled on this matter for no justifiable reason.  

4 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

It was £45k you didn’t deserve. You’re too self entitled on this matter for no justifiable reason.  

Any chance of an answer to post 43 ?

On 18 April 2019 at 12:37, hackey lad said:

What ,exactly am I proposing ?

23 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Any chance of an answer to post 43

No point because it's the usual load of crap from you.

Classy :thumbsup:     Your last few posts actually show what you bring to Any discussion

Edited by hackey lad

23 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Was your earlier claim even correct?

Perhaps you've misunderstood household for individual earlier when you've read something about the dutch pension being equal to the minimum wage.  It appears that a couple get as much as the minimum wage BETWEEN them.

Perhaps you should provide a source for this, as it doesn't appear to match up with what I've found regarding at least the Netherlands.

3 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Well I have never had occasion to put a link on The Forum so I have never done it,  but the one I looked at is,   www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/02retirees-in-these-countries-recieve-100-of-a-working-salary/                    

Edited by spilldig

See post #53, the author has fundamentally misunderstood the statistics he's using.

22 hours ago, Cyclone said:

See post #53, the author has fundamentally misunderstood the statistics he's using.

I have looked at another one which also says similar to that one.

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

I have looked at another one which also says similar to that one.

Out of interest, what was the source for that one?