SAVE THE DOVE AND RAINBOW!!!

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

That would actually be by The Skids and is a B side to the Into the valley single and which is actually titled TV stars

3 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

yup that be the one lol, R.I.P Stuart Adamson

Good luck in your endeavours to keep a "music pub" as it is. As an old fogie and Folk music aficionado, we have lost too many pubs who were welcoming to real music.

Angel1.

Guest makapaka
6 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I find it very strange.  Biting the hand that feeds them 

It’s all property based isn’t it.

rinse the pub at high rates till they give up - sell it / rent it as housing / supermarket when it fails.

my local is owned by punch, in a decent area- no investment-no support on prices.

landlady is trying her best to sell a pint of beer at a profit at prices people can buy a 4pack from in supermarket up road.

its a disgrace.

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It’s all property based isn’t it.

rinse the pub at high rates till they give up - sell it / rent it as housing / supermarket when it fails.

my local is owned by punch, in a decent area- no investment-no support on prices.

landlady is trying her best to sell a pint of beer at a profit at prices people can buy a 4pack from in supermarket up road.

its a disgrace.

Yes that seems to be the plan , and when it fails put some stupid kind of covenant on it that it cant open as a pub for x years . I truly hope that one or two of these pubcos   go bust and maybe it will wake the rest up

Good to see its been saved....for now fella.

USE IT OR LOSE IT FOLKS

Isn't this already a done deal?  The landlord has accepted it and the plans are in place for a few final bands and then it closes for refurbishment into a chain pub serving food that has to compete with a massive weatherspoons right next door to it serving food cheaper and faster?

Ah, right, situation has changed.  Post as of 16hrs ago on facebook.

Wow. Just Wow! We've had the Managing Director of Punch in the pub tonight for an impromptu meeting, & it turns out he's an ex-Sheffield lad who knows the pub from years back. Along with our Area Manager, Ian, we've all agreed to keep talking & try to find a solution that suits everyone - Punch, me & Keith, & you, our lovely customers!

They've withdrawn our “notice to leave”, which means we'll be able to do Tramlines, & beyond that, we'll try to find a way forwards together....

Edited by Cyclone

I'm worried that, after surviving last year, the Dove might succumb to coronavirus. A bar that was having issues during normal times can't be being helped by this period. Hopefully not as there's hardly any alternative venues left in town now. 

Well, during lockdown all pubs have to be closed so its survival through that period relies on government support and hopefully the pub company that owns it (Heineken Star Pubs and Bars who now owns Punch Taverns) being understanding regarding rent etc.

However what you can do right now to support the Dove is to buy one of their vouchers valid to spend at the bar when it reopens, you get them from savepublife.com (this is a Budweiser initiative but you aren't required to drink their beer!)

Once it reopens after all this blows over ultimately you all need to go there and spend money, enjoy the drinks, games and nibbles!