Post Offices ignoring tracked parcels, no receipt, etc.

Yesterday my carer took an e bay parcel, already paid for with tracking label, and apparently they (Bakewell P.0) did not give him a receipt and just put it in with the parcels, leaving aside any negligence by my carer, this means I have no evidence my parcel was sent, the purchaser paid for tracking which i can't now offer, and the parcel, may 'get lost in the post.' Its not the first time, a number of P.O's don't seem to care about tracking, etc, I think i will complain to the Head office P.O but not sure what evidence I have now, convenient the number of the Bakewell PO is dead.

Surely whoever took the parcel shouldn't hand it over and leave without requesting the receipt and tracking number.

Er, yes, though there will be occasions when they forget, the onus should be on the P.O, the  label was paid for.

If it’s already got a tracking label then don’t they just scan it ....? When I do Ebay parcels with tracking it automatically says it’s been posted ....even before I’ve actually posted it ! 

Yes, it does say dispatched in my e bay mail, but when the P.O H.O and then myself used the tracking number, there is no info.

Now says: An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item

Edited by gamezone07

25 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

Yes, it does say dispatched in my e bay mail, but when the P.O H.O and then myself used the tracking number, there is no info.

I'm not quite sure what your issue is?

If you wanted a reciept for posting when the item was scanned then you have to make sure you don't leave the PO without one. If you complain to head office, they will ask you why you (or your carer) left the branch without proof of posting if that's what you wanted.

Yes, but the onus should have been on the P.O's watch, this was carelessness, I don't think they scanned it, and i have heard it happening before, I wonder if other posters have .

Edited by gamezone07

34 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

Now says: An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item

That's correct.

Depending on the delivery method it won't give step by step updates, just when it's been delivered.

HI

Does that mean it is scanned at least , and in the system?

32 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

Yes, but the onus should have been on the P.O's watch, this was carelessness, I don't think they scanned it, and i have heard it happening before, I wonder if other posters have .

Someone who works in a Post Office is probably scanning 100-200 parcels and letters a day. They are just letters that end up in the big, grey sacks to be collected at 5.30. They neither know nor care who wants a receipt. Yes they are supposed to scan everything and give you a reciept but if they don't, then it's up to you to ask for one. 

Once you walk out without a receipt you no longer have much grounds for complaint.

If you paid for it you will have a receipt. If it's tracked for etc then it will get scanned when delivery is either attempted, or sucessful and then you get an update.

If you need proof of postage (which is deemed for first class  letter post to be proof of delivery) then you have to ask for it at the time and make sure they give you one.

Edited by Obelix

15 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Surely whoever took the parcel shouldn't hand it over and leave without requesting the receipt and tracking number.

Have to agree...i have sent dozens of parcels from the P.O.  and  have always been given a receipt,just to add the "barcode" is also a tracking number,if you put this into P.O tracking it will say where/when/time it has been posted,from which post office and will also say when it arrived,both at the post office it arrived at plus the address when delivered to...i feel any negligence is on the part of whoever took it in.