Any charities that take old PCs ?

I have a few old PCs that are destined for the bin because I cannot make use of them & thought before I do I thought there may be some charity that might want to take them. They're quite old (XP/Vista machines)

Aspire wont take machines that are too old...

What are they? I might be interested in the base unit and any peripherals (not CRT monitors though)

7 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

Aspire wont take machines that are too old...

What are they? I might be interested in the base unit and any peripherals (not CRT monitors though)

TBH I haven't really looked at them. I'm the famil IT guy so they get sent my way when they upgrade. I do genuniely think they're bin-fodder. One is an Dell Optiplex 320 sans HDD (all removed to protect data)

I just thought some place might want them even if it's to teach how to build without risking damaging decent hardware. 

I'm looking at building up a couple of old(er) machines for recovery from old IDE HDD's, and "retro" games etc....

I'm thinking Older than an Optiplex 320 though, that's still reasonably modern compared to what I was thinking... 

11 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

I'm looking at building up a couple of old(er) machines for recovery from old IDE HDD's, and "retro" games etc....

I'm thinking Older than an Optiplex 320 though, that's still reasonably modern compared to what I was thinking... 

MSI  MS-7301 V1 ?

Likely came out of a Packard Bell Imedia 2470, socket 775, DDR2,  (same sort of level / era as the Optiplex 320)

1 minute ago, Ghozer said:

Likely came out of a Packard Bell Imedia 2470, socket 775, DDR2,  (same sort of level / era as the Optiplex 320)

I have  the complete PB unit again sans HDD. 

has DVD writer and multi card reader. Case is a little banged up but if it's any use to you come an get it.