Which area of Sheffield is my business in?

Hi I have been living in Sheffield for about 15 years and have a new music business located in S4 and i'm not entirely sure what area it is in.
I want to know the area so I can use it as part of my address for my business. 
Everyone I know has been calling it Attercliffe but to me Attercliffe is further up the road, S9

53.390156, -1.448564

Mate .  .with the greatest of respect, you are computer savvy enough to come here and ask the question, but not savvy enough to use Google?

S4 is a huge area.  It covers a various neighbourhoods including Grimethorpe, Firshill, Meadowhall etc.  You need to be more specific.

As an aside, it's odd that yoou have a business, but you dont know what area you go to when you go to your business.  How does that work?  

I have a list on my PC and S4 just states Grimethorpe and Pitsmoor, but I live in Rotherham. 

Why not post the street name on here and someone will know which area it is.

Edited by Janus

2 hours ago, JNR14 said:

Hi I have been living in Sheffield for about 15 years and have a new music business located in S4 and i'm not entirely sure what area it is in.
Everyone I know has been calling it Attercliffe but to me Attercliffe is further up the road, S9

53.390156, -1.448564

If that location you've given is right on Google Maps, then the surrounding businesses don't bother giving an area name, just the road and the city and postcode.

2 hours ago, JNR14 said:

Surely you have a full postal address on deeds, business rates demands, utility bills  or other paperwork for the business.

3 hours ago, the_bloke said:

If that location you've given is right on Google Maps, then the surrounding businesses don't bother giving an area name, just the road and the city and postcode.

this is correct, none of the local businesses list an area and neither does mine....

5 hours ago, bendix said:

Mate .  .with the greatest of respect, you are computer savvy enough to come here and ask the question, but not savvy enough to use Google?

S4 is a huge area.  It covers a various neighbourhoods including Grimethorpe, Firshill, Meadowhall etc.  You need to be more specific.

As an aside, it's odd that yoou have a business, but you dont know what area you go to when you go to your business.  How does that work?  

I did google it, to no avail, hence asking for local knowledge

I always thought attercliffe went right from the wicker arches right down to the meadowhall end?

11 hours ago, JNR14 said:

this is correct, none of the local businesses list an area and neither does mine....

I did google it, to no avail, hence asking for local knowledge

Yes but it’s your business. Surely when you are at your premises you know which part of Sheffield you are in.  It’s not rocket science. Go outside. Look at other business names.  Ask a person walking by.  

S4 covers many areas.  Unless we know more specifics then how do you expect us to pin down which one it is?

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

I always thought attercliffe went right from the wicker arches right down to the meadowhall end?

You'd definitely be changing to Brightside about halfway...  Not sure what areas meadowhell is actually in.

Burngreave.gif

Or

Darnall.gif

So that looks like you're somewhere around the Spital Hill/Attercliffe boundary?  IB on the second map.  FK on the first map.

Unless the council lay down specific boundaries for certain areas it's all relatively arbitrary.

With continued development areas grow into each other and specific borders no longer apply.

It's easy if you're slap bang in the middle of one area, if you're on the boundary then just use best judgement and/or choose what you like.

It's not like anyone is going to storm in the place and demand you change the signage because they think it should say something else.