It's a harder run in than the Grand National!

I've only just looked at Wednesday's last 5 games of this season and it's a Hell of a run-in!

L***s Untied    AWAY

Norwich    AWAY

Bristol City  HOME

Preston  AWAY

QPR  HOME

That said, I honestly think (IF we play summat like) we are capable of winning them all.

I don't for one minute think we will, but never say never.

If we'd got S2's run-in, then it would really be on, but we've drawn the short straw on this one.

Our quest won't be harmed by the return of Gary Hooper and the news that Kieran Lee's played his first 45 minutes since 2017.

I don't want to belittle other candidates in our team, but I think a fit, firing Kieran Lee would improve us by a fair bit.

So there we go. A difficult last few games that in which, we need to play like Trojans to get anything at all.

I hope the lads are up for it. They bloomin' well should be!

Edited by Hotmale 1954

48 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I've only just looked at Wednesday's last 5 games of this season and it's a Hell of a run-in!

L***s Untied    AWAY

Norwich    AWAY

Bristol City  HOME

Preston  AWAY

QPR  HOME

That said, I honestly think (IF we play summat like) we are capable of winning them all.

If we'd got S2's run-in, then it would really be on, but we've drawn the short straw on this one.

Our quest won't be harmed by the return of Gary Hooper and the news that Kieran Lee's played his first 45 minutes since 2017.

I don't want to belittle other candidates in our team, but I think a fit, firing Kieran Lee would improve us by a fair bit.

So there we go. A difficult last few games that in which, we need to play like Trojans to get anything at all.

I would settle for finishing the season unbeaten and getting seven points, with a solitary win coming in the final game against QPR,and that would be nowhere near enough points.  On the other hand football is a funny old game, so they say,  Or lets go GUNG  HO  take all fifteen points, beat Leeds over two legs,  WBA in the final  and join the Blades in the PL.

Hooper was superb last night and has been a big miss, I don't think the play offs are achievable this season but ot bodes well for next and hopefully without the distraction of a Sheffield derby.

2 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

L***s Untied    AWAY

Norwich    AWAY

Bristol City  HOME

Preston  AWAY

QPR  HOME

Agree completely Hots, but who"d have thought you would even be in this position before SB came . Things definitely looking up at S6.

1 hour ago, ALAN 58 said:

I would settle for finishing the season unbeaten and getting seven points, with a solitary win coming in the final game against QPR,and that would be nowhere near enough points.  On the other hand football is a funny old game, so they say,  Or lets go GUNG  HO  take all fifteen points, beat Leeds over two legs,  WBA in the final  and join the Blades in the PL.

We ain't there yet, Alan, but hats off for your optimism for both Sheffield teams.  As you say, it's a funny old game.....

50 minutes ago, Padders said:

Agree completely Hots, but who"d have thought you would even be in this position before SB came . Things definitely looking up at S6.

If Fletcher had stuck that pen away we'd be in the top six right now.

11 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

If Fletcher had stuck that pen away we'd be in the top six right now.

How?

Are Fletcher's penalties somehow worth four points and a 19 goal swing?  

He must be worth more than Messi.

4 minutes ago, bendix said:

How?

Are Fletcher's penalties somehow worth four points and a 19 goal swing?  

He must be worth more than Messi.

We'd have beaten Villa.

I know most Owls thoughts but I wonder what Chansiri must be thinking now about all of Jos's decisions on who to play and vice versa, I have no doubt they would be in a top 6 position already...

34 minutes ago, Longy67 said:

I know most Owls thoughts but I wonder what Chansiri must be thinking now about all of Jos's decisions on who to play and vice versa, I have no doubt they would be in a top 6 position already...

He's thinking about his own decision. 'I should have dumped that tosspot in November.'

20 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

L***s Untied    AWAY

Norwich    AWAY

Bristol City  HOME

Preston  AWAY

QPR  HOME

Now for the (on paper) better teams, this will be a gooder indication of how far you've come. Lets hope you win on Saturday, do us a favour  and beat that lot. Would be good if blades went up automatically and you beat l...s in p/o final, though thats a long shot

22 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

L***s Untied    AWAY 2-0 Owls

Norwich    AWAY  1-1

Bristol City  HOME  2-0 Owls

Preston  AWAY  1-0  Owls

QPR  HOME  2-0  Owls

A difficult last few games that in which, we need to play like Trojans to get anything at all.

No problem, the way the Owls are playing, form team of the division for me, very unlucky against Villa.. still in with a whisper.

Hots you will be on cloud 9 Saturday evening.