Is football fixed?

So much evidence especially in the past that some of the WC cricket matches were rigged but  my concerns over football were virtually nil till last night......

Pep Guardiola the Man .City boss decides to leave three of his best four players out the team for last nights game against Tottenham.

Leroy Sane and  Bernado Silva along with Sterling have clearly been Man .Citys best players this season.

Then he also left out of Kevin De Bruyne who I also consider to be one of their best four players. Selecting Otamendi ahead of Stones or Kompany was also a surprise.

Two of the substitutions, Sane and Kevin De Bruyne according to the BBC Sport website  were in the 89th minute!

One of the biggest games in the clubs history if not the biggest and he selects a first eleven that to most looks like a team selection for a home match against Fulham.

Edited by MAC33

Just another iteration of your tiresome conspiracy freakery.

4 hours ago, MAC33 said:

So much evidence especially in the past that some of the WC cricket matches were rigged but  my concerns over football were virtually nil till last night......

Pep Guardiola the Man .City boss decides to leave three of his best four players out the team for last nights game against Tottenham.

Leroy Sane and  Bernado Silva along with Sterling have clearly been Man .Citys best players this season.

Then he also left out of Kevin De Bruyne who I also consider to be one of their best four players. Selecting Otamendi ahead of Stones or Kompany was also a surprise.

Two of the substitutions, Sane and Kevin De Bruyne according to the BBC Sport website  were in the 89th minute!

One of the biggest games in the clubs history if not the biggest and he selects a first eleven that to most looks like a team selection for a home match against Fulham.

No.

If indeed nothing untoward like a betting scam or something happened,then what a monumental balls up by the City boss.

Certain the majority of Man.City fans must have been bemused when they heard the team news.

In cricket it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that payoffs were made to many of the players.

2 hours ago, MAC33 said:

If indeed nothing untoward like a betting scam or something happened,then what a monumental balls up by the City boss.

Certain the majority of Man.City fans must have been bemused when they heard the team news.

In cricket it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that payoffs were made to many of the players.

Name 10.

6 hours ago, MAC33 said:

Manchester City are a joke. Their success is completely hollow and artificial. Their wealth doesn't reflect their support; opposing fans don't call it the "Empty-had Stadium" for nothing. Once the Arab playboys get bored with it they'll drop t like a stone and it will be back down to earth with a bump.

17 hours ago, MAC33 said:

Do you seriously think Tottenham's one goal lead will be enough in the second leg at City, especially if Kane is out? I think your conspiracy theory will fly out the window when City win this tie handily. I would also like to add that this tie came 3 days after their FA cup semi-final, so it was a way of resting vital players and hoping for a tie perhaps, or maybe an away goal steal of game. If this game had been a one and done, City would have been at full strength guaranteed.

4 hours ago, Yeah but said:

Manchester City are a joke. Their success is completely hollow and artificial. Their wealth doesn't reflect their support; opposing fans don't call it the "Empty-had Stadium" for nothing. Once the Arab playboys get bored with it they'll drop t like a stone and it will be back down to earth with a bump.

I wish Wednesday were as big of a  joke as those guys, I would never stop smiling.   lol

Edited by Ontarian1981

39 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Do you seriously think Tottenham's one goal lead will be enough in the second leg at City, especially if Kane is out? I think your conspiracy theory will fly out the window when City win this tie handily. I would also like to add that this tie came 3 days after their FA cup semi-final, so it was a way of resting vital players and hoping for a tie perhaps, or maybe an away goal steal of game. If this game had been a one and done, City would have been at full strength guaranteed.

I wish Wednesday were as big of a  joke as those guys, I would never stop smiling.   lol

Yes Mr.T. I wish the Owls were as good as Manchester City reserves !  That would still be a force to reckon with,

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 07:14, MAC33 said:

Given the popularity of the world's game, there have been remarkably few real match fixing scandals, particularly in the top leagues. The most famous one involved Sheffield Wednesday of course - when a couple of players were jailed for betting on their team to lose.

There was the one in Italy a few years back which led to the demise of Juventus, and I think Marseille got done in the 1990s.  

But the truth is that it's notoriously difficult to fix football matches in a meaningful way unlike, say, cricket or golf.

Pep left out those players because candidly I think he values winning the Premier League more than he does the Champions League.

Edited by bendix

5 hours ago, bendix said:

Given the popularity of the world's game, there have been remarkably few real match fixing scandals, particularly in the top leagues. The most famous one involved Sheffield Wednesday of course - when a couple of players were jailed for betting on their team to lose.

There was the one in Italy a few years back which led to the demise of Juventus, and I think Marseille got done in the 1990s.  

But the truth is that it's notoriously difficult to fix football matches in a meaningful way unlike, say, cricket or golf.

Pep left out those players because candidly I think he values winning the Premier League more than he does the Champions League.

Your last sentence is not valid at all. His team had faced a tough battle in a FA Cup semi-final  3 days earlier than this 1st leg of a Champion League quarter-final. This is what I cannot emphasise enough 1st leg , with the 2nd leg at home. As I said above had this been a one-game playoff they would have been at full strength. Just watch the line up for the 2nd leg if you think Pep doesn't care about the CL.

If you think your players are going to be tired to play a far more important game in three days time you would rest them. They've played many games midweek throughout the season with no problems.

In the second leg he leaves out Sane and only brings him on in the 84th minute.

Sane and Sterling's wing play has been the biggest feature of their play all season and arguably have been their best two players.

Leaving Sane out is the equivalent of Klopp leaving out Mane.

Fernandinho has been a first 11 player all season when fit yet he was dropped for the second leg.

I fail to understand why Pep changed his normal first eleven in both legs so much.

Sure many City fans will lay the blame squarely on his shoulders for clearly not selecting their best team in both legs.

Sane only played 7 minutes of normal time over the two legs despite being their second best player this season. He must be wondering what is going on.

Edited by MAC33

Of course it's fixed.  Too much money involved.  Look how many cases of dodgy deals there have been over the years, money handed over in car parks, etc.  And I'm sure they are the tip of the iceberg. Match officials more often than not side with the bigger money clubs when it comes to decisions.