Is football fixed?

On a side note I just read on the BBC Sport that Sane has asked to leave Man. City.

He played only 7 minutes of normal time in the two matches against Spurs - this despite being the best left winger in the EPL all season by some considerable margin.

Never seriously considered that any matches were fixed or had outside influences to help to achieve a desired result. That changed after the Spurs v Man.City matches.

Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis, who also owns Olympiacos to stand trial accused  of football corruption, drug trafficking and associating with criminals!

9 hours ago, MAC33 said:

On a side note I just read on the BBC Sport that Sane has asked to leave Man. City.

He played only 7 minutes of normal time in the two matches against Spurs - this despite being the best left winger in the EPL all season by some considerable margin.

Never seriously considered that any matches were fixed or had outside influences to help to achieve a desired result. That changed after the Spurs v Man.City matches.

You are still not seriously saying that City threw their Champions League quarter-final legs are you? Oh my god did you not see that 2nd leg. That was one of the best ever CL games in its history. With a scoreline of 4-3 almost 5-3 to City, you still think City were just giving it away to Spurs, then you are dafter than I thought.

Anyone who thinks Sane has not been one of City's very best three players this season is daft. By some margin the best left winger in the EPL this season I would have thought.

I tend to think had he played in both matches a different team would have one.

You do not leave out your very best players in such games unless  of course for injury.

He only played 7 minutes of normal time in the two legs - that is baffling.

I have yet to hear of any explanation.

Not saying it was fixed but you never know these days. 

Pep might be the daft one.

Edited by MAC33

7 hours ago, MAC33 said:

Anyone who thinks Sane has not been one of City's very best three players this season is daft. By some margin the best left winger in the EPL this season I would have thought.

I tend to think had he played in both matches a different team would have one.

You do not leave out your very best players in such games unless  of course for injury.

He only played 7 minutes of normal time in the two legs - that is baffling.

I have yet to hear of any explanation.

Not saying it was fixed but you never know these days. 

Pep might be the daft one.

I don't follow the game closely enough these days, so I don't know Sane that much. You say he is the "best left winger in the game", well going back to the 60s, natural wingers were not the way to go as all players started playing wide on attack when necessary , even full backs. Remember England's world cup winners, an inside right and a right half were number7 and number 11? Maybe Pep thought  the matchups didn't suit his style of play, it is his team after all, not yours and I think his CV set against yours would come out ahead in football matters, anyway.

You say that you have yet to hear of an explanation, the thing is, did anybody actually ask him for one?