Blades v Birmingham

2 hours ago, bendix said:

How did that work out for  you?  Preston were there for the taking.

Sure, Bamford had a bad day against Birmingham but he was a class apart against Preston, not just in his finishing but in his overall h old up play also.   Form is temporary, class is permanent.  Since coming back from injury he has scored 5 in 7 games, and that is including a three match blip in form.

Do you mean against a ten man Preston? Another thing is I do have difficulty mentioning Class and Leeds Utd in the same sentence.The most hated club and supporters in the Championship.

8 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

.I shall make a prediction now on here by saying Celtic will win the Scottish league next year and I can name the top six give or take one or two in the prem next year to .Boring and so predictable something you can not say about the Championship.

And Fort William will finish bottom of the Highland League :hihi:. mind you having said that, they did score 2 last week.

33 minutes ago, Padders said:

And Fort William will finish bottom of the Highland League :hihi:. mind you having said that, they did score 2 last week.

You are right Padders typical Scottish football.

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I have to laugh sometimes.

I've only seen the highlights, but it made me giggle when the Radio Sheffield sports bulletin this morning said 'Sheffield United missed the chance to leapfrog L***s in to 2nd place in the Championship after being held to a draw by Birmingham City last night.

From what I saw, it was United who held Brum to  a draw.

Monk got the credit for playing United 'the right way' but it seems that Monks' tactics coincided with an off day for the Blades.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that.

I don't believe that a whole team can have 'an off day' and I also don't accept that certain 'influential players' can all have an off day at the same time.

The better team, with the better attitude and  better tactics, impressed the most.

It's not often you can say that when a Wilder team is playing, so fair play to Monk and his boys, they got it right on the night.

The commentary team seem to base their whole view of the game based on the % possession stats that pop up intermittently.

Last night there was a period of 5/10 minutes where Birmingham threatened with  3/4 decent crosses into the box, one which was almost deflected in and one where Juskiweicz almost scored.

The % stats popped up and the commentator immediately said - "Sheffield United dominating things at the moment".

The commentators say what their boss would expect them to say.

Criticise Messi?

I don't think so!

It's the same with 'the big six'

Almost every commentator favours them.