Blades v Birmingham

Another toughie as Leeds found out they are smarting after being docked 9 points.Just hope we can keep Adams shackled I always thought he was a good player and he did us a big favour at the weekend just hope we keep him quiet .I see the mega mouths of Leeds are at it again they never learn .Philips says he is looking forward to watching the Blades get beat on Wednesday night after they have beaten Preston tonight.I do not mind them spouting him and Bamford make Wilders pre match talk so much easier in stead of spouting they should do their talking on the pitch using their feet rather than their mouths.After spouting last week Bamford had a shocker at the weekend if that is what 8 million quid gets you I will  stick with Billy.They seem to think Preston are there for the taking how arrogant these guys are.

lStrange game this football, the way I look at it...…...

Preston win tonight, takes a lot of pressure of Blades..

Leeds win tonight , pressure cranked up on the blades..

Fairly easy run in after tomorrows game, go for it lads.

I listened to the radio commentary and it sounded like a dull, uninspiring game between two uninspiring teams, with United only turning it on in the last few minutes. John Fleck's getting a lot of criticism for his performance but I don't think he's been very impressive all season. I'd rest him for the next game and play McGoldrick in his place with a front two of Sharp and Madine.

14 minutes ago, despritdan said:

I listened to the radio commentary and it sounded like a dull, uninspiring game between two uninspiring teams, with United only turning it on in the last few minutes. John Fleck's getting a lot of criticism for his performance but I don't think he's been very impressive all season. I'd rest him for the next game and play McGoldrick in his place with a front two of Sharp and Madine.

I agree that Fleck has not contributed much lately .   The front two is a good combo and McGoldrick is better from being deep and can carry the ball forword very well

If United  had midfielders who could support more with goals,they would have easily won this league,Fleck does not seem to like shooting regulary,Duffy seems to get the team going when playing,but Wilder keeps dropping or subbing to much

9 hours ago, despritdan said:

Agree Fleck for me had his worst game since coming to bdtbl, dont think CW will drop him as hes allowed one bad game now and then. Mcgoldrick & Basham were best imo, against a strong physical brum team

That was a gutless, lack lustre performance in comparison with previous games. If that's how they intend to play if they get to the PL (which is now doubtful), better they stay in the Championship.

Edited by Guest

36 minutes ago, SgtDave said:

That was a gutless, lack lustre performance in comparison with previous games. If that's how they intend to play if they get to the PL (which is now doubtful), better they stay in the Championship.

You surprise me Dave, negative post... Blades have been superb all season, one poor game and your criticising them.. Don"t forget Brum beat Leeds.

20 minutes ago, Padders said:

You surprise me Dave, negative post... Blades have been superb all season, one poor game and your criticising them.. Don"t forget Brum beat Leeds.

I was criticising last night's game, not the season as a whole.

Last night was just typical Blades.

Over the years I have learned that the only consistent thing about United is that they won't fail to disappoint. Once you wrap you head around that fact, the losses and failures to succeed are a lot less disappointing.

Edited by Guest

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 16:22, petcharlie said:

Another toughie as Leeds found out they are smarting after being docked 9 points.Just hope we can keep Adams shackled I always thought he was a good player and he did us a big favour at the weekend just hope we keep him quiet .I see the mega mouths of Leeds are at it again they never learn .Philips says he is looking forward to watching the Blades get beat on Wednesday night after they have beaten Preston tonight.I do not mind them spouting him and Bamford make Wilders pre match talk so much easier in stead of spouting they should do their talking on the pitch using their feet rather than their mouths.After spouting last week Bamford had a shocker at the weekend if that is what 8 million quid gets you I will  stick with Billy.They seem to think Preston are there for the taking how arrogant these guys are.

How did that work out for  you?  Preston were there for the taking.

Sure, Bamford had a bad day against Birmingham but he was a class apart against Preston, not just in his finishing but in his overall h old up play also.   Form is temporary, class is permanent.  Since coming back from injury he has scored 5 in 7 games, and that is including a three match blip in form.

I have to laugh sometimes.

I've only seen the highlights, but it made me giggle when the Radio Sheffield sports bulletin this morning said 'Sheffield United missed the chance to leapfrog L***s in to 2nd place in the Championship after being held to a draw by Birmingham City last night.

From what I saw, it was United who held Brum to  a draw.

Monk got the credit for playing United 'the right way' but it seems that Monks' tactics coincided with an off day for the Blades.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that.

I don't believe that a whole team can have 'an off day' and I also don't accept that certain 'influential players' can all have an off day at the same time.

The better team, with the better attitude and  better tactics, impressed the most.

It's not often you can say that when a Wilder team is playing, so fair play to Monk and his boys, they got it right on the night.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

41 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I have to laugh sometimes.

I've only seen the highlights, but it made me giggle when the Radio Sheffield sports bulletin this morning said 'Sheffield United missed the chance to leapfrog L***s in to 2nd place in the Championship after being held to a draw by Birmingham City last night.

From what I saw, it was United who held Brum to  a draw.

Monk got the credit for playing United 'the right way' but it seems that Monks' tactics coincided with an off day for the Blades.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that.

I don't believe that a whole team can have 'an off day' and I also don't accept that certain 'influential players' can all have an off day at the same time.

The better team, with the better attitude and  better tactics, impressed the most.

It's not often you can say that when a Wilder team is playing, so fair play to Monk and his boys, they got it right on the night.

I think I can go with what you are saying they tied Billy down and not many teams have done that this year or last year and Fleck had a bad game.Maybe he should be rested but he was not the Fleck we have come to know.The good thing is we have at long last got the decent teams out of the way .We have had a run of really tough matches and I am well pleased with just having one defeat from them it could have been much worse.Now having followed the Blades since the early sixties I know only to well that we have a history of beating decent teams and losing to less fancied teams so I am not doing a L**DS  by thinking we have won the matches that remain and it is our God given right to demand promotion .In this League I know anyone can beat anyone and it is knowing this that makes the Championship so interesting in my view it is far more entertaining than the Prem.You know the results of the prem games before the kickoff a bit like Scottish football.I shall make a prediction now on here by saying Celtic will win the Scottish league next year and I can name the top six give or take one or two in the prem next year to .Boring and so predictable something you can not say about the Championship.