Sign in to follow this  

Structural Engineer recommendations

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of or can recommend a structural engineer I can approach just to have a discussion with them.

We've recently brought a house and would like to discuss an extension with them in regards to foundations etc.

Your help is appreciated.

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of or can recommend a structural engineer I can approach just to have a discussion with them.

We've recently brought a house and would like to discuss an extension with them in regards to foundations etc.

Your help is appreciated.

Not sure a structural engineer is what you want for foundations for an extension...I got some advice on extensions from a bloke called Niel Fieldhouse, very helpful he was too.

http://www.plansforextensions.com/

If you need a number for a structural engineer, I can strongly recommend the engineer that I use, very pro-active, PM me for details, or give me a call.

Best to just concentrate on getting the project designed and drawn up. Tell your designer/ architect what you are after, they will provide the necessary specification which will in turn be checked by Building Control.

I need a structural engineer to look at a crack in an external wall on a garage. Thinking of buying the house but need to know if crack is bad or not. Will also need a calc for an RSJ if we went ahead with the purchase, but that doesn't need doing as urgently.

If any structural engineer can look at this, ideally within the next week or two ( at a push) , as early as possible please get in touch with your contact details.

Thanks

If the garage is free standing, its not likely that you will need an engineer, a decent builder could advise. However, if you would like to speak to an engineer regarding this, or the calcs for your beam, call Zam on 07968 771205.

sorted now thanks

Hi all I need advice or for someone to come and take a look,

I live in a ground floor flat with floor boards, built in early 90s, and I am looking at getting a larger aquarium. Due to the large amount of weight I am cautious to do so without getting some educated advise.

I currently have two in the living room, one holds 170ltr and the other 190ltr. Both at opposite corners of the room.

I am looking to get rid of these and setup a 3.5 ft x 2ft x 2ft, on a boxed steel cabinet containing a sump (second tank for filtration). This all together as a bare tank can hold just sort of 600ltr, but obviously I will be putting sand and rock work in the tank.

Can anyone offer guidance on this or point me in the direction of someone who can?

Thanks all

Hi

Guess it's a bit different from the norm but you could try Martin Evans Associates, greystones, Sheff. They will probably charge a flat fee and tackle all sorts of domestic calc's. Definitely worth some advice though!

Cheers Rich, Just rang them and its £240 for a piece of mind report...in summary cheaper to get the floor reinforced lol

Fair comment...

As long as there's plenty of common sense involved you'll be fine...

Good luck...