Sheffield Schools Choir - Jerusalem

I know this might be a long shot, however my father was in the Sheffield schools choir which sang to Winston Churchill at City Hall (1952?)  and for years and years he has searched for a copy of the recording. My father turns 80 soon and I’d love to be able to share a recording and/or a photo with him. If anyone has any such thing, or any further information, I’d be incredibly grateful.

thank you so much

Do you actually know if this was recorded or are you just assuming that it was?

19 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Do you actually know if this was recorded or are you just assuming that it was?

My dad said it was recorded - he knows it exists. Obviously I’m only going by what he has told me and I have done some research, enough to know it exists but never successful enough to get my hands on it.

There is a gentleman on here (sparkytom) who has recording of it but I fear his last post on here was a year ago. 

It may have been recorded by the BBC in 1952. That might be one avenue worth exploring.

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It may have been recorded by the BBC in 1952. That might be one avenue worth exploring.

Yes thank you, good idea

A bit late answering your query. I was in the Sheffield Schools Choir when they made a recording of Jerusalem but it wasn't in the presence of Winston Churchill. The recording was done at Abbeydale Girls School. We recorded 4 songs on 2 78rpm records, record 1 had Jerusalem backed with Non Nobis Domina', Record 2 Had Nymphs and Shepherds on one side but have forgotten what the other song was. I do have a copy of record 1 and have managed to digitise the two songs.
      I enter a photo of the session on the Sheffield archive site Picture Sheffield the title being 

"Sheffield Schools Choir"

Regards

Sparkytom