Safe site to DL Win zip & Win rar from?

I want to DL these  two. Can anyone provide a safe link to DL them from?

Thanks

Although if you have WinRaR (from RaRlabs website) it will open 7zip and .zip files it's self, so you only need the one app...

Plus, Windows has supported opening  .zip files natively since Windows 7

My win10 pc won't open the disc I have, and the bank that sent it to me had no idea how to open it.

They got back to me and said DL either win zip      or win rar. I felt this was unusual as my understanding was that  win rar was for opening rar files and win zip for unzipping them. The way it was said makes it sound like they both do the same thing.

To complicate matters further the contents of the disc is password protected. The password cannot be entered yet. Not until the unzipping etc.

Surely if the bank sent it, the would know what they used to compress the data? If they don't, I'd change your bank.☺️

It's a poor show. While I was on the phone I did ask if there was someone that could answer the questions about the disc and if there was a dedicated dept,  but there wasn't. Hence why they had to get back to me with the latest info about DL of zip & rar.

As for changing banks, I'm past spitting dummies out over trivial stuff these days.

Edited by Janus

Disc? As in CD?

I use 7zip and Win RAR. It's rare that one won't work but it does happen.

If it's a CD you have, Windows should show the archives and then you right click on it and select open with. Select the program you installed (Winzip, 7zip, Winrar) The program should then start and open a password box, put the password in and press ok/enter. Double clicking on the archives can cause problems if you haven't set defaults.

Thanks all. I finally got the disc to play after d loading the app & unzipping. The bank had sent the incorrect pass too which didn`t help.

There's the site that people keep forgetting for all your needs and without accidentally clicking on a wrong (advertising software) link:

https://ninite.com

under Compression heading!