Which nVidia card can run with 410/418 drivers

Blacklisting?

Do you have software that won't use Intel HDMI audio, or is it that you don't like it? 

I'm just trying to work out the term "blacklisting" I'd just do what Ghozer said if it's an option...disable it. It won't alter how your motherboard or add in card audio if you opt to disable. 

I'm lazy! HDMI is the best thing since sliced bread... Video, audio and even a remote (sometimes), all in one lead!

On 17/04/2019 at 05:18, zach said:

Blacklisting?

Do you have software that won't use Intel HDMI audio, or is it that you don't like it? 

I'm just trying to work out the term "blacklisting" I'd just do what Ghozer said if it's an option...disable it. It won't alter how your motherboard or add in card audio if you opt to disable. 

I'm lazy! HDMI is the best thing since sliced bread... Video, audio and even a remote (sometimes), all in one lead!

I'm not a fan of the term 'blacklisting' - perhaps it should be changed to 'blocklisting' but it is what you have to do to disable a device that is grabbing priority in GNU/Linux by editing the appropriate file in /etc with Nano and then saving the output. I successfully did this with the SoundBlaster installation. But since installing a GNU/Linux friendly sound card (and just to add the X470-PRO onboard chipset does not work with Ubuntu 18.04 or forks of same which I have discovered on askubuntu hence the purchasing of sound cards! I like to tinker and see what is possible. I may have to ditch Zorin and go for Debian stable - if the sound is going to work!

On 16/04/2019 at 09:46, Ghozer said:

.... You can still use separate? don't HAVE to use the HDMI Audio?
Just, disable HDMI audio or simply don't use it...?

You can't simply disable HDMI on the graphics Card in GNU/Linux - you have to block it by using a technique named 'blacklisting':

https://www.techtimejourney.net/how-to-blacklist-a-sound-card-in-linux/

Edited by swarfendor437

Then can't you specify which device is the default on boot, without disabling it? - I would assume it's possible, most machines have multiple audio devices now... just change the default away from the HDMI...

Hi Ghozer, You can disable the onboard hdmi in the BIOS but not the one on a Graphics Card - that's why I had to follow that procedure I gave a link to. The xonar is working through the headphones and I'm beginning to wonder if my issue in respect of the Audigy card was me thinking I was plugging audio cable into line in on the TV when it is on closer inspection YpBr! LOL!

Time to get me a View Sonic screen and some external speakers!