Which nVidia card can run with 410/418 drivers

Well you guys have convinced me! I've ordered the Zotac from Lambda Tech - cheers to Ghozer and zach. :thumbsup:

You should be covered with that card.

I just bought a Zotac 1050Ti Low Profile for my Windows/Mac OS machine. You know when you should look (or read) before you leap? Mojave doesn't have a 10 series driver! Oh well, it won't go to waste and has decent performance for a little card. It might become a Windows/Linux machine until better driver times on the mac OS 😂

1 hour ago, zach said:

You should be covered with that card.

I just bought a Zotac 1050Ti Low Profile for my Windows/Mac OS machine. You know when you should look (or read) before you leap? Mojave doesn't have a 10 series driver! Oh well, it won't go to waste and has decent performance for a little card. It might become a Windows/Linux machine until better driver times on the mac OS 😂

You'll be lucky to get Linux working on the Mac unless it's a few years old. The latest Macs are designed to run on nothing but MacOS! :lol:

It's the other way round... standard PC hardware running mac OS. It's my first run on Mojave so plenty of time to try things.

On 08/04/2019 at 16:44, zach said:

... You know when you should look (or read) before you leap? ...

:blush: Like ordering a sound card with the correct chipset for GNU/Linux - but forgot to look at the form factor!!!

14 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

:blush: Like ordering a sound card with the correct chipset for GNU/Linux - but forgot to look at the form factor!!!

It's all good for now, had to install macOS High Sierra until Apple & Nvidia sort out their issues.

Did the Zotac card come? And if it did, everything ok?

It came but disappointed that in VGA mode it does not support 1920 x 1080 like the GT620 did - it will only show (in GNU/Linux) under VGA something like 1240 x 720. But principally I wanted it for the next release of Zorin which requires minimum VGA drivers (for nvidia) of 410 which is built into the .iso to bring the 410 drivers - I have installed 418.xx on Feren OS and it appears to be OK. Thanks for the find. I'm now waiting on a C-media PCIe card from ThinkPenguin:

https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/51-channels-24-bit-96khz-pci-express-audio-sound-card-w-full-low-profile-bracket-tpe-pcies

I'm not sure how it works in Linux but sometimes you have to add custom resolutions. Is the monitor/TV full 1080p?

I can't remember the last time I bought an audio card. Having said that, I'm the person that bought a 5.1 sound system and the my daughter pointed out... "why did you buy that dad? you're deaf in one ear!" 😂

Kids!!!

Edited by zach

Hi,  Yes the TV is full 1080/1080i - no issue in HDMI mode but would have been nice to get resolution in VGA mode - sure in old Zorin 12 I got that resolution as I had Monitor and separate speakers prior to this set up which is what I want to get back to at some stage.

Can I ask why specifically you want VGA?

13 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

I had Monitor and separate speakers prior to this set up which is what I want to get back to at some stage

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and not have to faf blacklisting Intel HD Audio which is what the HDMI connection uses.

Edited by swarfendor437

.... You can still use separate? don't HAVE to use the HDMI Audio?
Just, disable HDMI audio or simply don't use it...?