Which nVidia card can run with 410/418 drivers

Thanks Ghozer. I tried searching nvidis site without success. My 620 is just below that so I might go for a cheap 730 card. 

ah, i believe 391.35, released March 27 2018, is the last driver to support the GT620

Is it for a one off project swarf?

Maybe a 1030 would be a better long term investment.

Hi zach,

I'd still like one that supports VGA - yes I know I know - at least I can differentiate visual from sound -I managed to blacklist the intel-hda in Zorin 15 Beta so that only the Audigy Card still shows up but still no sound.

5 minutes ago, swarfendor437 said:

Hi zach,

I'd still like one that supports VGA - yes I know I know - at least I can differentiate visual from sound -I managed to blacklist the intel-hda in Zorin 15 Beta so that only the Audigy Card still shows up but still no sound.

Should still support VGA over DVI adaptor...

A

14 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

Should still support VGA over DVI adaptor...

Thanks Ghozer, forgot about that - I think I have a couple floating around somewhere. The only thing is they support this type of socket:

30h1-62000_06.jpg&f=1

Thinking of this one as an option:

https://www.ebuyer.com/791767-asus-geforce-gt-1030-2gb-passive-low-profile-graphics-card-gt1030-sl-2g-brk

Edited by swarfendor437

1 hour ago, zach said:

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gt-1030-2gb-gddr5-hdmi-vga-low-profile

The link came up in a search, not sure where you'd get one. Or use the option Ghozer pointed out.

EDIT: LINK

Hi zach, thanks for the link. I'm looking at passive as main gaming tends to be on PS4. Had no issues with Palit in the past so thinking of this one:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/4gb-palit-geforce-gt-730-kalmx-passive-dual-slot-pcie-20-x8-2500mhz-gddr5-gpu-902mhz-384-co

The fan won't make any difference to power usage that you'd notice. As for noise... possibly little to none above normal system noise. Graphics cards do much more than gaming on newer systems so passive cooling never enters my buy list.

Palit are decent cards, my RTX is made by them. I still think you'd be buying old tech going for a 7 series but at the end of the day, advice is free and it's your money. You need to get what works best for you.

Edited by zach

the 10XX family nVidia cards don't seem to even spin the fans up unless the temp hits 55-60 or something...

and the performance difference between the GT730 you posted and a GT1030 will be night and day.... 

Edited by Ghozer