HMRC Fraud charge scam...

Got the call today... I'm up for HMRC fraud, and liable to be arrested at any time.

They need me to call them straight away apparently, in an effort to settle the case and avoid arrest.

Mentioned it to my mate this morning, and guess what? He's wanted for fraud too!

I knew he was untrustworthy, but really?!

Turned out that he must be in cahoots with Jerry in the pub, because he's been busted as well!

Imagine my stunned surprise when I also heard that his sister - yes! The lovely Anthea! - was also obviously 'on the take' in some fashion, and also faced imminent arrest!

I knew the country had gone to the dogs, but can we trust nobody these days?

If anyone else wants to confess, I have their phone number.

It's in my blocked list, rather than listed under "H"....

I've just had the same message on voicemail which is a little ironic as I'm just about to claim a tax rebate.

Nat west have blocked my account, they must be doing it for santander

ive got a tax rebate for my company,i am retired and dont have a company

This HMRC scam and the 'Your internet will be disconnected in 24/48 hours, are the two flavours of the month at the moment - and they are both recorded messages, so you can't even swear at the lowlife wastes of oxygen doing it.

Not got round to me yet, but as I don't answer unknown calls anyway, I don't think I'll be bothered.

Edited by RollingJ

Final day of the 2018/19 tax year tomorrow. HMRC scams proliferate. There's a surprise.

1 hour ago, RiffRaff said:

Got the call today... I'm up for HMRC fraud, and liable to be arrested at any time.

They need me to call them straight away apparently, in an effort to settle the case and avoid arrest.

Mentioned it to my mate this morning, and guess what? He's wanted for fraud too!

I knew he was untrustworthy, but really?!

Turned out that he must be in cahoots with Jerry in the pub, because he's been busted as well!

Imagine my stunned surprise when I also heard that his sister - yes! The lovely Anthea! - was also obviously 'on the take' in some fashion, and also faced imminent arrest!

I knew the country had gone to the dogs, but can we trust nobody these days?

If anyone else wants to confess, I have their phone number.

It's in my blocked list, rather than listed under "H"....

Pay your taxes. 

Support the NHS.

24 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Pay your taxes. 

Support the NHS.

You are joking, @Car Boot, aren't you - you do realise these calls are scammers trying it on, don't you?🤔

Just in case anyone doesn't know, HMRC will only ever communicate by post UNLESS YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY CALLED THEM AND AGREED TO BE CALLED BACK - ON THAT SPECIFIC QUERY ONLY.

Edited by RollingJ

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

You are joking, @Car Boot, aren't you - you do realise these calls are scammers trying it on, don't you? ...

Experience tells me that bots and/or SWP members, don't have an easy sense of humour – although intelligent bots can probably aquire a semblance of one.

Edited by horribleblob
I agree wholeheartedly with the "Support the NHS" sentiment.

5 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

Experience tells me that bots and/or SWP members, don't have an easy sense of humour – although intelligent bots can probably aquire a semblance of one.

I really wish we had a 'like button on here, Hb.☺️ I do realise that Car Boot is a royal pain in the rear, but just every so often replies from him and his kind need a bit of balance.

My best mate's sister in law is a senior tax inspector and she got the HMRC 'fraud' call too! 😂

It's rife in the US, there's loads of videos on you tube of people baiting the scammers.