sheffield wednesday v aston villa

38 minutes ago, bassett one said:

sad day for our team,but its still not over yet is it?

It's not over but even the most optimistic fans must think it won't happen now. Needed to at least beat these after the Stoke draw

They played really well but have to score penalty's, not to disheartened and hope we can get some momentum for next season now!

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

sad day for our team,but its still not over yet is it?

Yes it is mate, said before this was a must win game, it's all over for this season for the Owls, roll on next season.

Hardest defeat to take this season. Battered them second half and the three points would have set us up nicely but with Leeds and Norwich to come, I suppose we'd have fallen short anyway.

At least it was a better spectacle than last season's fixture when John Terry reffed the match and we only got one free kick in the whole of the game against their 17. Still scratching my head about that one.

You don,t always get what you deserve, and that was the case today.  Villa must  feel very fortunate getting three points out of the game. Still mathematically possible, but i,ll concede and look forward to the future. Only negatives today was losing two players to injuries, and missing a penalty otherwise i enjoyed the game, so lets see the season out on a high  and see what happens.

6 minutes ago, ALAN 58 said:

You don,t always get what you deserve, and that was the case today.  Villa must  feel very fortunate getting three points out of the game. Still mathematically possible, but i,ll concede and look forward to the future. Only negatives today was losing two players to injuries, and missing a penalty otherwise i enjoyed the game, so lets see the season out on a high  and see what happens.

Tough luck Alan, looks like the Owls gave it a good go, suppose they had to lose some day , finishing the season on a high though, so got to be optimistic  for next season... might still be a twist in the tail yet.  (unlikely now)

9 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Hardest defeat to take this season. Battered them second half and the three points would have set us up nicely but with Leeds and Norwich to come, I suppose we'd have fallen short anyway.

At least it was a better spectacle than last season's fixture when John Terry reffed the match and we only got one free kick in the whole of the game against their 17. Still scratching my head about that one.

Don't give up now us Blades want you to take three points off those in West Yorkshire.We will all be Owls for a day.

If we had beat Stoke and villa we'd of been a point behind 6th then who knows. As it stands there's not much point but hopefully Bruce will just go all out for wins in our last games, we can't grumble too much at what he's done so far though.

Same as last seasons villa visit really,we bashed villa and should have 5 by half time,but got done by two very late goals,this time they both came in stoppage time.

Allover them like a rash 2nd half but just didnt convert the chances,so de ja vue time,picked up another two injuries to key players as well which didnt help the cause.

After a dreadful first half of the season we had no right to expect a play off push, the fact that we got an albeit slim one is down to the managment, I thought the chance had gone at Stoke last week but this game really was the last chance saloon, it was a cracking game of football and we were certainly the better side, the scoreling flatterred Villa as the Owls rightly went all out for the win, disappointing but bodes well for next season.

Bannan who apparently never turns up for big games was magnificent and even received applause from the Villa fans when he went off unfortunately injured.

Edited by Brooker11