Pub on Stoke Street near Washford Bridge Attercliffe.

Around 1972, a couple of times I went in a pub on Stoke Street, I think it was called the "Greyhound", it was a small dimly  lit pub,, it isn't there now but I'm sure that's what it was called. 

Stoke Street runs off of the main Attercliffe road, the other end of it joins onto Effingham Road, can anyone remember it and have I got the pubs name right?

I had just left the Royal Navy in those days so due to the passage of time and my consumption of I tend to forget.

31 minutes ago, Stonks said:

Around 1972, a couple of times I went in a pub on Stoke Street, I think it was called the "Greyhound", it was a small dimly  lit pub,, it isn't there now but I'm sure that's what it was called. 

Stoke Street runs off of the main Attercliffe road, the other end of it joins onto Effingham Road, can anyone remember it and have I got the pubs name right?

I had just left the Royal Navy in those days so due to the passage of time and my consumption of I tend to forget.

Grey Horse Inn?

Nanky Poo - mmmmm - unusual I/D name - are you a fan of "The Mikado" and of course the works of Gilbert and Sullivan

Do you live in Are you married to Yum-Yum, or Peep Bo, or did The Mikado beat you to it   ??

Best Wishes from Hot and Sunny Malaysia - Victor

7 hours ago, Stonks said:

Stoke Street is still there, a bit industrialised but then that area always was.

Use to call in there on a Saturday dinnertimes after finishing at Osborns on Bacon Lane.  They had music provided by the blokes themselves,There was a tea chest base, cans full of shot etc as Skiffle was very popular in those days and a great time was had by all.