Strange powering up behaviour!

Well I just thought I would update everyone that I have (I think) finally bottomed this one. Replaced the CMOS battery and whilst the Motherboard was only purchased last year the default BIOS date was somewhere in 2016. I also decided to upgrade the BIOS using the built-in option to update over the internet - went without a glitch in terms of updating - just had to disable a few things afterward (PXE boot).

For how I got the SB Audigy to work - it's all here:

https://zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14380&p=63828#p63828

And you did the right thing.

I know the code for the newer AMD Chips/Chipsets has been updated many times since release. Some say to update the BIOS if things don't work, my opinion is that they don't update it for no reason. I tend to keep mine up to date. 

Don't worry about PXE, chances are you will never use it on a home network.

Hi zach, Yes I know PXE isn't needed for home use it is just that after the update the PXE (one for IPv4 and one for IPv6) were sitting at the top of the boot order so on booting the computer just sits their waiting for a network boot! Hence the need to go into the BIOS to disable the feature. Windows 7 Pro also had issues with the SB card but that is all sorted now. Thanks for the input and advice guys.