Rees-Mogg cosies up to German far right group with neo-Nazi links.

As per the title.  Rees-Mogg the uber toff has shared a video of Alice Weidel, leader of AfD to his Twitter account. The AfD marched alongside neo-Nazis last year and have previously called for refugees to be shot.

David Lammy MP observed “Jacob Rees-Mogg promoting Germany’s overtly racist party, AfD. Our country’s proudest moment was defeating the far-right. Now we are supposed to sit back while xenophobes, nativists, nationalists and isolationists do their best to tear Europe apart again. We must not let them win.”

Just another example of the racist tendencies that run through the Tories like the lettering in a stick of rock.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jacob-rees-mogg-afd-germany-far-right-twitter-brexit-alice-weidel-a8848826.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR20YhKY1PH6X61xLQSUadMv5JGt0pVpo8jak8fzCfK-LQreOt8-6zl-HOo#Echobox=1554111928

When i saw Rees-Mogg's comments on Twitter this morning, I thought it was an April Fools Joke.   Sadly, it wasn't.

No doubt the usual suspects will be along saying, "so what, her comments about the EU were right".

That is not really the point.

Getting a far right party with neo nazi links to endorse your point of view does nothing for your credibility and does everything to boost theirs!

I know that Rees-Mogg and others claim him as an intellectual but I suspect that is because he is posh and uses Latin phrases. I really don't think that he is that bright and as a politician he is tactically very weak. He allowed Tory remainers to bounce him into the unwinnable vote of no confidence in May meaning that she was free from challenge for another year.

7 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No doubt the usual suspects will be along saying, "so what, her comments about the EU were right".

That is not really the point.

Getting a far right party with neo nazi links to endorse your point of view does nothing for your credibility and does everything to boost theirs!

I know that Rees-Mogg and others claim him as an intellectual but I suspect that is because he is posh and uses Latin phrases. I really don't think that he is that bright and as a politician he is tactically very weak. He allowed Tory remainers to bounce him into the unwinnable vote of no confidence in May meaning that she was free from challenge for another year.

But it is the point. She is bang on the money with what she says about the EU . Maybe the truth hurts the muppets in Brussels. 

8 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

But it is the point. She is bang on the money with what she says about the EU . Maybe the truth hurts the muppets in Brussels. 

She supports Germany staying in the EU

10 hours ago, bendix said:

When i saw Rees-Mogg's comments on Twitter this morning, I thought it was an April Fools Joke.   Sadly, it wasn't.

To be honest I'd be surprised if Rees-Mogg was aware of any German political group this side of the Holy Roman Empire.

7 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

I'm guessing you'd be quite content to be associated with the far right and neo-Nazis if there was something in it for you?

7 hours ago, Halibut said:

I'm guessing you'd be quite content to be associated with the far right and neo-Nazis if there was something in it for you?

You mean in a similar fashion to Jeremy Corbyn cosying up to high ranking IRA members?

And the Horseshoe theory enters the fray again . . . 

7 minutes ago, bendix said:

And the Horseshoe theory enters the fray again . . . 

Here we go again.

On the day that it is revealed that another member of the far right has been serving jail time for child grooming as well as having pleaded guilty to plotting to murder a Labour MP, maybe it is time to examine your theory that there is very little difference berween the far left and the far right.

Maybe you could answer a couple of questions.

How many members of the far left have been convicted of murdering an MP?

How many members of the far left been convicted of murdering British citizens?

How many members of the far left have been convicted of plotting to murder an MP?

How many members of the far left have been convicted of plotting acts of terrorism?

How many members of the far left have been convicted of assaults on members of ethnic minorities? 

How many members of the far left have been convicted of making death threats against politicians?

How many members of the far left have been convicted of criminal damage against places of worship?

How many members of the far left have been involved in attacks on members of the media?

Need I go on? 🙄

6 hours ago, Resident said:

You mean in a similar fashion to Jeremy Corbyn cosying up to high ranking IRA members?

Dont forget his mates in Hamas as well. Communist corbin is quite happy to apologize for terrorists.  

25 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Dont forget his mates in Hamas as well. Communist corbin is quite happy to apologize for terrorists.  

Would this be the same Jeremy Corbyn who the Prime Minister has just asked to help her out of her Brexit mess? 😂