Caesars Wicker. Previous building use?

I live on Wicker and wondering if anyone knows what it used to be used as? It's a pretty unique looking building and I assume it wasn't built for it's current purpose.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/J1aXw

Actually if you have any info about previous uses of buildings currently on Stanley Street I'd be happy to hear it.

Edited by Super Hans

I am almost certain at one time it was a place that sold clothes. As for the other buildings, Baker Blowers is the only old one left. Gone are the wood yard, Coopers and the club.

Years since I was down there, on the opposite side from Ceasers the place with the yellow windows where the barbers and the Peace and Love bar is used to be Bennetts fishing tackle shop. I am pretty sure there was an electrical wholesaler in Kam House as well, I remember getting some things from there but can't remember what the company was called.

Edited by iansheff

Next door,( or next door to  that) where the newsagents is was a wholesale clothes place-meaning the general public couldn't go in- called Caplan or Kaplan and the Stanley House building has an Art Deco facade, pointed out to me on here by 'Jim Hardie' despite walking past it several million times. just off Stanley Street  but on the Streetview thing, on Joiner Street the building with the TBC graffiti at the top, I think used to be the 'OXO' building.J

Circa 1980 think it was a wholesalers selling catering equipment 

4 hours ago, St Petre said:

Next door,( or next door to  that) where the newsagents is was a wholesale clothes place-meaning the general public couldn't go in- called Caplan or Kaplan and the Stanley House building has an Art Deco facade, pointed out to me on here by 'Jim Hardie' despite walking past it several million times. just off Stanley Street  but on the Streetview thing, on Joiner Street the building with the TBC graffiti at the top, I think used to be the 'OXO' building.J

The OXO building was behind the building with the graffiti on, on Nursery lane. The new red brick building in the picture was where the wood yard was.  And thanks for reminding me of the name of the company that was in the building in question.

9 hours ago, St Petre said:

Talking of Art Deco..........

https://goo.gl/maps/CyE1qSZuCVQ2

I just had a look on the link posted and all the different shops in the Wicker now, I can't remember last time I drove down there. I recall there was Woodcock Travel, The Coach House and the Midland Bank all together. I think the Coach house bought the bank when it closed and became part of the restaurant. There was a pub across from there a Whitbread house, was it the Bull and Oak, also there was a Stones pub as well if I remember correctly. There was the cinema  Studio7 known for showing adult films which nearly opposite the Station pub.

7 hours ago, bus man said:

Circa 1980 think it was a wholesalers selling catering equipment 

Lloyds .??

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

I just had a look on the link posted and all the different shops in the Wicker now, I can't remember last time I drove down there. I recall there was Woodcock Travel, The Coach House and the Midland Bank all together. I think the Coach house bought the bank when it closed and became part of the restaurant. There was a pub across from there a Whitbread house, was it the Bull and Oak, also there was a Stones pub as well if I remember correctly. There was the cinema  Studio7 known for showing adult films which nearly opposite the Station pub.

Yes the Bull and Oak was the Whitbread pub and the pub near to it on the same side was the Brown Cow.  Directly opposite Studio 7 was the Viaduct with the Station pub being nearer to the arches.

Yes that's it the Brown Cow with the Big Gun just down from Nursery Street, also the Hare and Hounds on Nursery Street.

3 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Talking of Art Deco..........

https://goo.gl/maps/CyE1qSZuCVQ2

Can you remember the little mesters workshop at the side of the OXO building, behind the mortuary?