who would last longer.... North vs South

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Northerners surviving a Tory Goverment means we can survive anything.  :hihi:

Northerners also voted for Brexit even though they will be hit hardest by it, so no great signs of self preservation there! 🙄

On 31/03/2019 at 16:21, I1L2T3 said:

I remember once reading that Sheffield would get two in the East of the city: one south of where Meadowhall is now to knock out industry and major north south road communications, a further north to ensure that north south road communication is cut. One in the city centre and one in the south west of the city to take out railways lines south and west. Finningly would have been hit too. Redundancy would be built into the attack plan with most targets assigned multiple warheads.

There would be hardly anything or anybody left.

Agreed, in fact just one large bomb on the capital would send this country back to the dark ages, it would take many years to recover from it.

I know the survivalists in America have been preparing for years. I remember them going on and on right back when The Bay of Pigs fiasco was playing out and theyr'e still at it now. They have had a long wait, and is it worth it ?  Personally I think not. The conditions afterwards, I reckon, would be awful.

I'm noticing a lot of accents of people from "daaahn saaahf" in Sheffield of late. More and more Londoners are fleeing the hellhole that is London for working class people and coming up north where the pace of life is slower and cost of living is lower.

12 hours ago, Yeah but said:

I'm noticing a lot of accents of people from "daaahn saaahf" in Sheffield of late. More and more Londoners are fleeing the hellhole that is London for working class people and coming up north where the pace of life is slower and cost of living is lower.

Bloke lives near me sold his house in London for £400.000 bought house here for £200.000.,  he still works in London so he catches a train monday  to friday 6am ish and back home 7pm ish. £200.000 in the bank. If we here tried doing this the other way round we would be living in a shop doorway down sarf.  :hihi:

49 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Bloke lives near me sold his house in London for £400.000 bought house here for £200.000.,  he still works in London so he catches a train monday  to friday 6am ish and back home 7pm ish. £200.000 in the bank. If we here tried doing this the other way round we would be living in a shop doorway down sarf.  :hihi:

This  is happening in our area but unfortunately it is pricing the the locals out of the housing market.

13 minutes ago, davyboy said:

This  is happening in our area but unfortunately it is pricing the the locals out of the housing market.

This is what happens, its always us lot up here who suffer.  That lot down there have always had the pick of the litter especially work wise.  :roll:

Nothing to stop you going down for the work though if you want it...

On 05/04/2019 at 18:09, mickey finn said:

Agreed, in fact just one large bomb on the capital would send this country back to the dark ages, it would take many years to recover from it.

No need to  even go nuclear now.  Just a couple of EMPs would be enough to destroy civilisation and leave the land untainted.

"One Second After" by William R. Forstchen is well worth a read.  Just three EMPs sent America back to the dark ages.

21 hours ago, Obelix said:

Nothing to stop you going down for the work though if you want it...

If you're prepared to spend a lot of money and time  commuting or living down there and spending most of your money on ridiculous rents just for a pokey little flat then go for it.

Unless you really land on your feet with a great job its not worth.

1 hour ago, Yeah but said:

If you're prepared to spend a lot of money and time  commuting or living down there and spending most of your money on ridiculous rents just for a pokey little flat then go for it.

1 hour ago, Yeah but said:

Its always been the same problem, plenty of  work down there but extortionate Acc prices.