LGBT issues and morality

Enough. If you are just going to keep going around in circles like this then there is no point in continuing to post. Carry on like this and I will close the thread 

3 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

So therefore, when it comes to religious views Vs equality for homosexuals, the latter wins your support. 

I’m sure that it suits your purpose to make this a binary argument, but life isn’t like that.

Equality for LGBT folk is right. The right to protest about that is also right. The right to protest about those protesters is also right.

The limits of this lie in the law of the land. Anyone can express any opinion as long as it lies within the law.

4 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

The limits of this lie in the law of the land. Anyone can express any opinion as long as it lies within the law.

Exactly! Halibut summed it up nicely when he said that you are entitled to hold homophobic views but you are not entitled to discriminate against the gays.

It has been revealed today, as reported by The Independent (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/lgbt-protests-school-lessons-hate-crimes-a9037401.html) that he number of hate crimes in schools and colleges in the county affected by protests against LGBT+ lessons has surged by more than 50 per cent in just one year. Though the scale of the problem is likely to be even greater than the figures suggest as offensive incidents that occurred outside the school could not be listed as hate crimes. 

One of the teachers at the centre of the row, Andrew Moffatt, said "I have never experienced homophobia like I have in the last six months. [The figures] are extremely worrying. The protests have given a licence to people that think it is okay to shout abuse. I think it is becoming acceptable to stand outside and chant ‘shame’ about a gay teacher.”

This is disgusting. I really hope that the teaching of the existence of gay relationships, and the fact that they should have parity of esteem with other relationships will become mandatory in all schools.

1 hour ago, MAC33 said:

Religious crackpots who are mainstream in the US have always been marginalised in the UK.

I fear that in this post-Trump, post-Brexit world these nutters will be given much more credence. 😢