LGBT issues and morality

1 minute ago, Halibut said:

What leads you to that conclusion?

The fact you refer to such expression as "wrongheaded and foolish" could safely be concluded that you disagree with it. Am I wrong?

4 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

So in this case, your support for freedom of sexuality trumps your support for the freedom of expression of religious views. To argue otherwise is clearly untrue.

As above, your support for one side of the juxtaposition clearly outweighs the other.

You are really confused about this aren’t you?

It is entirely possible to support someone’s right to hold religious beliefs and oppose homophobia at the same time. You will find that is the position of most people.

1 minute ago, WiseOwl182 said:

The fact you refer to such expression as "wrongheaded and foolish" could safely be concluded that you disagree with it. Am I wrong?

You're not wrong that I think people complaining about children being taught that same sex relationships are OK are wrongheaded and foolish.

You're wrong if you're suggesting I don't highly value peoples freedom to hold such beliefs and express them.

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

You're not wrong that I think people complaining about children being taught that same sex relationships are OK are wrongheaded and foolish.

You're wrong if you're suggesting I don't highly value peoples freedom to hold such beliefs and express them.

I'm suggesting that when it comes to freedom of religion Vs freedom of sexuality, the latter trumps the former in your eyes.

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You are really confused about this aren’t you?

It is entirely possible to support someone’s right to hold religious beliefs and oppose homophobia at the same time. You will find that is the position of most people.

I'm not confused. You support the freedom of those religious beliefs, but you disagree with the principle, whereas on homosexuality you support both the freedom of expression to support it, and the principle itself. 

I'm suggesting that when it comes to freedom of religion Vs freedom of sexuality, the latter trumps the former in your eyes.

You're wrong. I value both highly and equally. 

Just now, Halibut said:

You're wrong. I value both highly and equally. 

You support the freedom of those religious beliefs, but you disagree with the principle, whereas on homosexuality you support both the freedom of expression to support it, and the principle itself.  Ergo your true support is with the latter.

You support the freedom of those religious beliefs, but you disagree with the principle, whereas on homosexuality you support both the freedom of expression to support it, and the principle itself.  Ergo your true support is with the latter.

Which principle are you claiming I disagree with?

11 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I'm not confused. You support the freedom of those religious beliefs, but you disagree with the principle, whereas on homosexuality you support both the freedom of expression to support it, and the principle itself. 

Nope, you are still confused.

You seem to be channelling James123R with your inability to get to grips with simple concepts that everyone else doesn’t have a problem understanding.

26 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Which principle are you claiming I disagree with?

That homosexuality is wrong.

17 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Nope, you are still confused.

You seem to be channelling James123R with your inability to get to grips with simple concepts that everyone else doesn’t have a problem understanding.

Nope, I'm not. You just can't admit which viewpoint you're most in agreement with, and therefore the one you support more.

You seem to be making the false assumption that all religion is invested with the belief that homosexuality is wrong.

4 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Nope, I'm not. You just can't admit which viewpoint you're most in agreement with, and therefore the one you support more.

I don’t have to.

I can agree with both simultaneously.

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

You seem to be making the false assumption that all religion is invested with the belief that homosexuality is wrong.

I don't know about all religions, but certainly the Quran and Bible teach against homosexuality.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I don’t have to.

I can agree with both simultaneously.

No you can't. Either you agree that homosexuality is wrong, or you disagree. You can't support two opposing arguments equally.