LGBT issues and morality

23 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

I read that is her saying that homophobia is one thing, racism another and that anti-semitism and other forms of bigotry are another thing. 

So you obviously didn’t spot the word like in there then. 🙄

27 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So you obviously didn’t spot the word like in there then. 🙄

Not sure that word changes anything.

4 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

Not sure that word changes anything.

Do you just think that by saying something, it makes it true regardless of whether there is any logic to your argument.

If that is the case, you may as well just debate with yourself. 🙄

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Do you just think that by saying something, it makes it true regardless of whether there is any logic to your argument.

If that is the case, you may as well just debate with yourself. 🙄

Ok.  Feel free to explain how the word changes the entire meaning of the sentence.

20 hours ago, Mister M said:

It sounds like it's eating you up inside, and causing you some confusion.

I've no idea about the left or the right's view of religion(s), though I suspect it's a lot more nuanced and considered than your presentation of it; however I do know that the teaching of British values is absolutely the central to the education policies of the main political parties.

It's not eating me up inside, but it must be eating the left up inside, not knowing which minority cause to support.

4 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

Ermmm what point do you think that serves?  I read that is her saying that homophobia is one thing, racism another and that anti-semitism and other forms of bigotry are another thing.  I guess that depends on whether you see Jews as a race or religion.

Regardless of what she meant, being homophobic isn't a form of bigotry. 

Weirdly, being against homophobic people can be bigoted.

What would you say is an example of the 'other forms of bigotry' mentioned in the Coretta Scott King quote?

33 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

Feel free to explain how the word changes the entire meaning of the sentence.

You are either trolling, very stupid or deliberately trying to appear very stupid.

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

It's not eating me up inside, but it must be eating the left up inside, not knowing which minority cause to support.

Is this a left / right issue? It shouldn't be. I'm on the left, and I know who I'm supporting. 

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Is this a left / right issue? It shouldn't be. I'm on the left, and I know who I'm supporting. 

UnWiseOwl182 seems to think that the left are conflicted over this issue because they oppose homophobia but support Islam. I don’t think anyone has told him yet that the left generally take a dim view of religion and in fact Karl Marx called religion ‘the opium of the people’.

2 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

One can support many. I'm generally a supporter of the underdog rather than the very wealthy and powerful - I think most sane people are.

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

One can support many. I'm generally a supporter of the underdog rather than the very wealthy and powerful - I think most sane people are.

Surely that depends on the views and the cause the underdog is fighting for? 

Supporting the underdog just because they’re an underdog would be madness.. 

9 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

UnWiseOwl182 seems to think that the left are conflicted over this issue because they oppose homophobia but support Islam. I don’t think anyone has told him yet that the left generally take a dim view of religion and in fact Karl Marx called religion ‘the opium of the people’.

Absolutely, it's quite easy to be against discrimination generally, but also think that these protestors are morons who shouldn't be pandered to in the slightest.  See, I can both think that someone is a misguided fool and also that other people shouldn't discriminate against them because of that status, and even then simultaneously, that their misguided foolery shouldn't be allowed to impact anyone except themselves.