LGBT issues and morality

1 hour ago, SnailyBoy said:

They're predominantly Christian (84.5%)

So are they Christian extremists in your opinion?

yes.

should we tar all christians with the same brush? No.

Are isis Islamic extremists? Yes

should we tar all muslims with the same brush? No.

ANY people who have such an ingrained intolerance of people with different lifestyles is very dangerous.

39 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

My agenda is a very, very simple one. LGBT people should be treated no differently than anyone of any other sexuality or preference.

They do not need your pity or anyone else’s.

Well that's good to hear, I don't discriminate either.

But if I wish to express pity to someone who has suffered whatever their sexuality I don't need your permission to do so.

Edited by janie48

Rather than causing suffering by discriminating against LGBT people,  then pitying them for their suffering, maybe a better strategy for the Catholic Church would be not to discriminate in the first place then there would be no need for the pity! 👍

just a thought! 

Just watched the Panorama about the LGBT Debate in Schools that was on last night. 

Very depressing viewing. 

I didn’t see this, but saw a piece on BBC World last week about how a number of Xtian groups are now proposing to start protests outside schools in other areas.

5 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Just watched the Panorama about the LGBT Debate in Schools that was on last night. 

Very depressing viewing. 

Tolerate the intolerant?

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I didn’t see this, but saw a piece on BBC World last week about how a number of Xtian groups are now proposing to start protests outside schools in other areas.

The programme covered views from Muslim, Christian and Jewish groups. The majority of protests and intimidation (it mentioned at 70 schools) at the moment is being perpetrated by Muslim groups, however it interviewed a Catholic group from Scotland who saw the Birmingham protestors as trailblazers that they wised to emulate, spoke to Christians who were handing out leaflets to parents picking up children, and spoke to a Rabi that said if he taught about same sex relationships the parents would withdraw their children. 

Nobody admitted to being homophobic. 

2 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Nobody admitted to being homophobic. 

They never do. 

Just as they never answer the question, ‘if you are not homophobic, why do you object to your children being taught that people of all sexualities (and none) should be treated with equal respect’?

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

They never do. 

Just as they never answer the question, ‘if you are not homophobic, why do you object to your children being taught that people of all sexualities (and none) should be treated with equal respect’?

It is hard to justifying not being homophobic when the very thing you believe in says that homosexuality is wrong or immoral. 

If there is any hope of stamping out homophobia and intolerance, it has to be taught in schools - no exceptions.  

16 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

If there is any hope of stamping out homophobia and intolerance, it has to be taught in schools - no exceptions.  

And from an early age, too. 

I first started to hear the words, puff, queer, homo and faggot used as an insult, at primary school at around 6 or 7 years of age. 

That is the age where these lessons need to be given.

It isn't really appropriate to type those words out if I am honest tch.