LGBT issues and morality

11 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Is he suggesting compassion for being “intrinsically immoral and contrary to the natural law"?

As for the Catholic LGBT group, I would question why they would want to be part of an organisation that fundamentally disapproves of who they are.

We know what the official line is from the top, but in practice on the ground, it is relatively rare for LGBT people to receive  hassle from Catholics/Christians. There is a guy that dresses as a woman who picks his kids up from my school, which is a Catholic school. Contrast this with other religions. You're aiming your rancour in the wrong place.

5 minutes ago, Yeah but said:

We know what the official line is from the top, but in practice on the ground, it is relatively rare for LGBT people to receive  hassle from Catholics/Christians. There is a guy that dresses as a woman who picks his kids up from my school, which is a Catholic school. Contrast this with other religions. You're aiming your rancour in the wrong place.

I was discussing the official Catholic position in response to another poster, your personal anecdote is irrelevant.

Edited by SnailyBoy

12 minutes ago, Yeah but said:

And LGBT people are widely accepted in 'christian' countries, as opposed to being stoned / imprisoned in other religiously zealous countries.

10 minutes ago, Yeah but said:

Contrast this with other religions. You're aiming your rancour in the wrong place.

Once again, you are making intolerance and bigotry a competition. It is not and should be condemned wherever it is seen.

And maybe you should tell all those gay men in Uganda being threatened with the death penalty for being gay that it is ‘relatively rare’ for LGBT people to receive hassle from Christians.

4 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

And LGBT people are widely accepted in 'christian' countries, as opposed to being stoned / imprisoned in other religiously zealous countries.

Google "Uganda LGBT laws"

While you're at it try "Russia LGBT laws"

Edited by SnailyBoy

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Once again, you are making intolerance and bigotry a competition. It is not and should be condemned wherever it is seen.

And maybe you should tell all those gay men in Uganda being threatened with the death penalty for being gay that it is ‘relatively rare’ for LGBT people to receive hassle from Christians.

They also tolerate the killing of political opponents there too. I'm sure they have some 'funny' songs about it.

Just now, SnailyBoy said:

Google "Uganda LGBT laws"

google 'european LGBT' laws

2 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

google 'european LGBT' laws

So what, you've found tolerant some so called 'Christian' countries, that are demonstrated to be secular in reality.

So, back to Uganda, are they Christian extremists?

3 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

So what, you've found tolerant some so called 'Christian' countries, that are demonstrated to be secular in reality.

So, back to Uganda, are they Christian extremists?

I don't know about Ugandas religious setup. I don't accept intolerance of that kind anywhere. neither do I accept the free-for-all attacks on all religions because of the actions of other people in other parts of the world.

3 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

I don't know about Ugandas religious setup. I don't accept intolerance of that kind anywhere. neither do I accept the free-for-all attacks on all religions because of the actions of other people in other parts of the world.

They're predominantly Christian (84.5%)

So are they Christian extremists in your opinion?

Edited by SnailyBoy

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Why on earth would they need compassion?

Are they ill? Are they disabled? Has some great tragedy fallen upon them?

Read Pope Francis’ comments as ‘we should have compassion for these poor afflicted people who have been dealt a bad hand in life but they are still god’s creatures so we should not think ill of them’.

Patronising nonsense! 😡

" Patronising nonsense " well you'd know about that.

You're misinterpreting and twisting my reference on compassion to suit your own agenda.

1 hour ago, SnailyBoy said:

Is he suggesting compassion for being “intrinsically immoral and contrary to the natural law"?

As for the Catholic LGBT group, I would question why they would want to be part of an organisation that fundamentally disapproves of who they are.

It isn't your business to question, they are entitled to be part of  any organisation they choose.

2 minutes ago, janie48 said:

You're misinterpreting and twisting my reference on compassion to suit your own agenda.

My agenda is a very, very simple one. LGBT people should be treated no differently than anyone of any other sexuality or preference.

They do not need your pity or anyone else’s.

10 minutes ago, janie48 said:

It isn't your business to question, they are entitled to be part of  any organisation they choose.

They are indeed entitled. I didn't claim otherwise.

However, why do you think anyone would want to be part of an organisation that claims they personally are “intrinsically immoral and contrary to the natural law"? 

Saying that, there are millions who are still part of that particular organisation despite it being complicit in the abuse of thousands of children, even to the point of giving it money. Billions of which have gone to somehow attempt to compensate the abused children.

Yet the Vatican still continues to claim to know what's moral or not.

Edited by SnailyBoy