LGBT issues and morality

3 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

(...)

So what is the official Catholic position regarding LGBTQ?

As conflicted as it’s always been, since it enacted celibacy on its clergy.

13 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Tweet from Bishop Thomas Tobin @ThomasJTobin1: A reminder that Catholics should not support or attend LGBTQ “Pride Month” events held in June. They promote a culture and encourage activities that are contrary to Catholic faith and morals. They are especially harmful for children.

So what is the official Catholic position regarding LGBTQ?

Their official position will be the same as it has been since the beginning of Christianity, but with a clearer understanding and more knowledge these days. 

We're referring to a global religion with many different cultures.

An American Bishop making a statement isnt going to be a representative view of all clergy 

29 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Their official position will be the same as it has been since the beginning of Christianity, but with a clearer understanding and more knowledge these days. 

We're referring to a global religion with many different cultures.

An American Bishop making a statement isnt going to be a representative view of all clergy 

So what position is that then?

Also, the Bishop, has he gone rogue, can we all expect a statement from the Vatican condemning his statement as not in keeping with the official line?  

Edited by SnailyBoy

Tweet from Bishop Thomas Tobin "@ThomasJTobin1: A reminder that Catholics should not support or attend LGBTQ “Pride Month” events held in June. They promote a culture and encourage activities that are contrary to Catholic faith and morals. They are especially harmful for children."

Easily corrected :)

15 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

So what position is that then?

I think Pope Francis can answer that question  better than me. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk
Pope Francis says transsexuals and gay people should be embraced by the ...

Embraced by the what?

The link doesnt go to any relevant article....

17 minutes ago, janie48 said:

I think Pope Francis can answer that question  better than me. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk
Pope Francis says transsexuals and gay people should be embraced by the …

Your link doesn't lead to anything specific.

Doesn't the Catechism of the Catholic Church, a text which contains dogmas and teachings of the Church, name “homosexual acts” as “intrinsically immoral and contrary to the natural law and names “homosexual tendencies” as “objectively disordered.”?

Edited by SnailyBoy

Sorry about the telegraph link I'll try again later from a tablet. 

It was about showing compassion, which I assume is why the LGBT group I recently posted about have remained Catholics. 

2 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

Please explain why her views ,and the views of the parents in Birmingham are less relevant than the views of the left ? 

It isn't a left vs right issue. Disgracefully, local Labour MP of Birmingham Hall Green, Roger Godsiff backed the protesters (it is suggested he fears some of them may be his constituents). 

It's about children who have different family backgrounds being respected and their families being respected - nothing to do with sex education. I'm sure Ann Widdicombe or the parents complaining wouldn't like to be discriminated against on the basis of something they couldn't change.

Edited by Mister M

Thing is the odious Widdlecome thinks you should be able to change it, and science should be able to help...

41 minutes ago, janie48 said:

It was about showing compassion,

Why on earth would they need compassion?

Are they ill? Are they disabled? Has some great tragedy fallen upon them?

Read Pope Francis’ comments as ‘we should have compassion for these poor afflicted people who have been dealt a bad hand in life but they are still god’s creatures so we should not think ill of them’.

Patronising nonsense! 😡

1 hour ago, janie48 said:

Sorry about the telegraph link I'll try again later from a tablet. 

It was about showing compassion, which I assume is why the LGBT group I recently posted about have remained Catholics. 

Is he suggesting compassion for being “intrinsically immoral and contrary to the natural law"?

As for the Catholic LGBT group, I would question why they would want to be part of an organisation that fundamentally disapproves of who they are.

Edited by SnailyBoy