LGBT issues and morality

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

Yes they are, because the school is using lessons to teach this stuff. The children dont have a choice when they have a teacher preaching this stuff at them. schools are for giving kids the qualifications they need to get a job and get on in life . 

As a Brexit Party supporter you'll be delighted to know that fellow Brexit Party supporter Ann Widdicombe thinks that very soon science will uncover a way of curing people from being gay:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/fury-as-ann-widdecombe-says-science-may-produce-an-answer-to-being-gay/ar-AAChHMS?ocid=spartanntp

A bit undignified when you have to rely on bigotry to keep your name in the media.

Edited by Mister M

11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

As a Brexit Party supporter you'll be delighted to know that fellow Brexit Party supporter Ann Widdicombe thinks that very soon science will uncover a way of curing people from being gay:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/fury-as-ann-widdecombe-says-science-may-produce-an-answer-to-being-gay/ar-AAChHMS?ocid=spartanntp

A bit undignified when you have to rely on bigotry to keep your name in the media.

Science might also one day uncover a way of curing people from being bigots.

I was a bit surprised that Ann Widdecombe had got back into politics but stoking hatred & exploiting ignorance is clearly up her street. 

11 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I was a bit surprised that Ann Widdecombe had got back into politics but stoking hatred & exploiting ignorance is clearly up her street. 

She was always known as a mad religious bigot who like Tony Blair, couldn’t wait to convert to Catholicism.

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

Science might also one day uncover a way of curing people from being bigots.

Science might also find a cure for that stupid fish that she wears.

Perhaps it could grow some feet

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Science might also find a cure for that stupid fish that she wears.

Perhaps it could grow some feet

The wind up merchants have been quiet which proves they are wind up merchants.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

She was always known as a mad religious bigot who like Tony Blair, couldn’t wait to convert to Catholicism.

Would you say the same if they'd converted to Islam or Judaism?  I doubt it. 

My point is that all major religions have members with mixed political beliefs, and the world is full of bigots whether they are theists or atheists. 

38 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Would you say the same if they'd converted to Islam or Judaism?  I doubt it. 

What a ridiculous thing to say!

She converted from a moderate form of Christianity to an extreme form. If she had converted from being a Sunni Muslim to a follower of Wahabism or from being a secular Jew to an Hasidic Jew I'd have said exactly the same thing. 

The more extreme a religion the less tolerant and more bigotted it's adherents become.

8 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What a ridiculous thing to say!

She converted from a moderate form of Christianity to an extreme form. If she had converted from being a Sunni Muslim to a follower of Wahabism or from being a secular Jew to an Hasidic Jew I'd have said exactly the same thing. 

The more extreme a religion the less tolerant and more bigotted it's adherents become.

That is just not so, all those religions mentioned have their share of traditionalists and liberals. 

If the religion you singled out for criticism was that bigoted then why would they support this LGBT group. 

http://www.lgbtcatholicsyag.org.uk/

12 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

The wind up merchants have been quiet which proves they are wind up merchants.

Please explain why her views ,and the views of the parents in Birmingham are less relevant than the views of the left ? 

1 hour ago, janie48 said:

That is just not so, all those religions mentioned have their share of traditionalists and liberals. 

If the religion you singled out for criticism was that bigoted then why would they support this LGBT group. 

http://www.lgbtcatholicsyag.org.uk/

Tweet from Bishop Thomas Tobin "@ThomasJTobin1: A reminder that Catholics should not support or attend LGBTQ “Pride Month” events held in June. They promote a culture and encourage activities that are contrary to Catholic faith and morals. They are especially harmful for children."

So what is the official Catholic position regarding LGBTQ?

Edited by SnailyBoy

1 hour ago, janie48 said:

If the religion you singled out for criticism was that bigoted

I didn’t single it out, Anne Widdicombe did.

If she’d converted to an extreme form of Islam or Judaism my comment would have been the same. Both of those religions have LBGT groups but that doesn’t mean that the majority of their adherents aren’t homophobic.

https://imaanlondon.wordpress.com/

https://www.haaretz.com/whdcMobileSite/misc/tags/TAG-gay-jews-1.5599143

Edited by Top Cats Hat