Steve Baxendale

What a Sheffield legend in my eyes you have to have maximum respect for anyone who can build something from nothing into something that is truly gold.......

Niche had its problems but who doesn't the original Niche on Sidney St was well known all over the country I knew someone who worked there and Steve's other club Capital as a bouncer back in 2001 and he said he loved working there with Steve Baxendale this bouncer I know as worked all over the uk and abroad and said you couldn't want for a better boss than Steve Baxendale one tale he told me and there were many that outside Capital he used to park his car there and one night the all place went up not thinking of his car at time at the end of the night on leaving the club his car was smashed up by the guys that got kicked out of the club..........

He told me that Steve Baxendale just told him to take it to a garage and that he will foot the bill...........

To me that speaks volumes on what kind of man he was......THE GOVERNOR

RIP.......STEVE BAXENDALE

'IF YOU SIT BY THE RIVER BANK LONG ENOUGH ALL YOUR ENEMIES WILL FLOAT ON BY'

Thank you so much for these kind words about my dad and taking the time to write them. He was and always is my hero so thank you 

Your welcome FrancescaBax as I have said he was a true gentleman and my friend who I mentioned who told me of him worked for him at his nightclubs back in 2001 speaks very highly about him and say's he was one of a kind.....

You should feel very proud to have had a father like him I know I would have....

Remember Francesca we never really lose anyone they are with us always.......

Edited by Box11
Typo

Steve was a top guy. Missed by many. RIP Sheffield legend 

Wasnt Steve the one that ran The Palais (former Locarno building) which turned into Music factory, Bed etc? If so i used to know him i was in The Palais that often he said he was going to put mi own beer pumps in lol

Only just seen this, bit of a shock. I'm sure there would be more comments if it was in the "History and expats" section. I'll report my own post or failing that one of the others with a request to move it if that's ok? I suspect there's many more stories to be told here 😉