Pre-emptive arrests

3 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Did dispersal orders exist at that point. Might have been more sensible if they did

Dispersal Orders wouldn't have been appropriate as they were nowhere near the area when they were detained.

Its a slippery slope, I think that even people that plan an illegal act, may not follow it through.

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Its a slippery slope, I think that even people that plan an illegal act, may not follow it through.

Planning an illegal act is an illegal act in itself whether it is carried out or not.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Dispersal Orders wouldn't have been appropriate as they were nowhere near the area when they were detained.

I didn’t think they had to me. I know people who got dispersal orders a mile from a football ground

1 minute ago, I1L2T3 said:

I didn’t think they had to me. I know people who got dispersal orders a mile from a football ground

These people were arrested at their homes and detained the day before the event on the other side of London

Posts have been removed.
Discuss the topic not each other please.

Edited by nikki-red

I agree with the majority, a slippery slope.

On the other hand, if "Royalty" is involved, common sense goes straight out of the window and all bets are off. The delicate "Royal" ears will never hear or their eyes never see any dissent if it is possible to avoid it.

Angel1.