Pre-emptive arrests

Slippery slope - certainly the case you've highlighted. According to the article, they lost their case based on the Danes pre-emptively nicking some football hooligans. This fairly harmless zombie wedding thing isn't the same at all. 

They weren't anywhere near the wedding, seems very heavy handed for the police to arrest them all.

If they'd appeared at the actual event protesting then maybe, but two miles for where it was going on??

Not denying it happened, but from my experience of reading news reports, are we hearing the full story?

From my experience, what is 'reported', even by the 'impartial' BBC, sometimes omits important detail or even introduce totally errornous 'information'

1 hour ago, woodview said:

Sensible or slippery slop?

In what kind of society would it be sensible to arrest citizens who have committed no crime and there was no evidence that they were ever going to commit a crime? 😡

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Slippery slope - certainly the case you've highlighted. According to the article, they lost their case based on the Danes pre-emptively nicking some football hooligans. This fairly harmless zombie wedding thing isn't the same at all. 

Sure, I can see circumstances where it can be relevant, like that, 50 known lads on a bus to the stadium with no tickets, does look sus.

Drawing the line somewhere is the critical thing I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

In what kind of society would it be sensible to arrest citizens who have committed no crime and there was no evidence that they were ever going to commit a crime? 😡

The hooligan example I suppose. But that's the discussion.

2 hours ago, Leadhammer said:

minority report comes to mind 

I've just been arrested for something I'm supposedly going to do next year 😮

Surprised this is only just coming into the public domaine. There were other arrests in similar circumstances at the same time, people given a midnight visit and confined to barracks or locked up for the day of the wedding. 

People  çriticise thé French but it seems they're more willing to allow dissent than our ruling elite

Edited by Ridgewalk

19 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Surprised this is only just coming into the public domaine. There were other arrests in similar circumstances at the same time, people given a midnight visit and confined to barracks or locked up for the day of the wedding. 

Actually this has been around for at least a decade.

I seem to remember some members of Movement Against the Monarchy being pre-emptively arrested and detained before some royal event in the early 2000s. While we are bashing our politicians for acting against our interests maybe someone needs to ask the police why they think it is acceptable to use our money and to abuse our human rights in order to prevent upsetting the royal family.

Did dispersal orders exist at that point. Might have been more sensible if they did