Jump to content

Stoke v Owls.

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Awesome, another nil nil win

Yep, the unbeaten run continues, still hanging in their Mel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think this result ends our playoff chances tbh. Draws aren't much use to us now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still undefeated

 

If the owls stay undefeated they could make the playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Think this result ends our playoff chances tbh. Draws aren't much use to us now

Next two home matches will be the test, win them and your in with a BIG shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Think this result ends our playoff chances tbh. Draws aren't much use to us now

was a bugger as Brizzle and Derby both won decently but still only 3 points or so behind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Another decent result tbh ,would have liked the 3 points but upwards & onwards.

 

But wait for it ???

Edited by owl.66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Padders said:

Next two home matches will be the test, win them and your in with a BIG shout.

Looking like we'll need to win all our matches now though. Not happy you lot lost, only team to let me down on acca plus brizzie further ahead now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Great to see Hooper back. One fan described his performance as 'awesome'.

IF he can stay fit and sharp, I'd offer him a new contract, no problem.

Our overall performance was poor by all accounts. I'm beginning to think that some of our players wouldn't really like to scrape themselves in to the Play Offs, as a long shot Play Off win would probably hasten their chances of getting their P45 from the club.

Some attitudes aren't good enough for League 1, never mind a Promotion battle.

I've only seen bits, but it appears that the effort and passion needed was woefully lacking. We stood off and showed little intention of closing down or winning the ball back quickly.

We all know we can do it when we want, so the lethargy shown at times speaks volumes to me.

That said, I reckon we'll have a proper go at Villa, to show some willing.

Our slim Promotion hopes have been wiped out now, so we'll have to see how we go next season.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Great to see Hooper back. One fan described his performance as 'awesome'.

IF he can stay fit and sharp, I'd offer him a new contract, no problem.

Our overall performance was poor by all accounts. I'm beginning to think that some of our players wouldn't really like to scrape themselves in to the Play Offs, as a long shot Play Off win would probably hasten their chances of getting their P45 from the club.

Some attitudes aren't good enough for League 1, never mind a Promotion battle.

I've only seen bits, but it appears that the effort and passion needed was woefully lacking. We stood off and showed little intention of closing down or winning the ball back quickly.

We all know we can do it when we want, so the lethargy shown at times speaks volumes to me.

That said, I reckon we'll have a proper go at Villa, to show some willing.

Our slim Promotion hopes have been wiped out now, so we'll have to see how we go next season.

Not quite Hots, still slim yes, its not over till the fat lady sings, win the next 2 home matches , and you will be right in the mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Padders said:

 

 

2 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Great to see Hooper back. One fan described his performance as 'awesome'.

IF he can stay fit and sharp, I'd offer him a new contract, no problem.

Our overall performance was poor by all accounts. I'm beginning to think that some of our players wouldn't really like to scrape themselves in to the Play Offs, as a long shot Play Off win would probably hasten their chances of getting their P45 from the club.

Some attitudes aren't good enough for League 1, never mind a Promotion battle.

I've only seen bits, but it appears that the effort and passion needed was woefully lacking. We stood off and showed little intention of closing down or winning the ball back quickly.

We all know we can do it when we want, so the lethargy shown at times speaks volumes to me.

That said, I reckon we'll have a proper go at Villa, to show some willing.

Our slim Promotion hopes have been wiped out now, so we'll have to see how we go next season.

Not sure we can justify having his wage on the bill unless he's willing to take a pay cut until he plays enough games. I don't think we will make playoffs now either but at least we had a chance after the poor start we had

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Great to see Hooper back. One fan described his performance as 'awesome'.

IF he can stay fit and sharp, I'd offer him a new contract, no problem.

Our overall performance was poor by all accounts. I'm beginning to think that some of our players wouldn't really like to scrape themselves in to the Play Offs, as a long shot Play Off win would probably hasten their chances of getting their P45 from the club.

Some attitudes aren't good enough for League 1, never mind a Promotion battle.

I've only seen bits, but it appears that the effort and passion needed was woefully lacking. We stood off and showed little intention of closing down or winning the ball back quickly.

We all know we can do it when we want, so the lethargy shown at times speaks volumes to me.

That said, I reckon we'll have a proper go at Villa, to show some willing.

Our slim Promotion hopes have been wiped out now, so we'll have to see how we go next season.

I went to the game yesterday, Stoke played very well and gave us no time on the ball whatsoever, that coupled with too many players having an off day, only Westwood, Hector and Hutchinson really emerged with any credit, the seasons over, I am optimistic about the next one though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.