Stoke v Owls.

Stoke were the better side,2nd half especially,closed us down much quicker,Allen had a really good game for them,just buzzed allover MF winning balls and breaking up play for them.

Bit suprised we didnt go with Adthe and Winnall from the start,we never really got in behind them at all,Aarons pace was a big miss,hope hes not out too long.

Decent away point against a decent team that just struggle to score.

21 hours ago, Padders said:

Not quite Hots, still slim yes, its not over till the fat lady sings, win the next 2 home matches , and you will be right in the mix.

There's far too much to do now, surely?

18 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Not sure we can justify having his wage on the bill unless he's willing to take a pay cut until he plays enough games. I don't think we will make playoffs now either but at least we had a chance after the poor start we had

He'll probably drop his wages for another contract. He's our best goalscorer, and 'looked after', could play a massive role for us.

12 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

I went to the game yesterday, Stoke played very well and gave us no time on the ball whatsoever, that coupled with too many players having an off day, only Westwood, Hector and Hutchinson really emerged with any credit, the seasons over, I am optimistic about the next one though.

Yep, Stoke are a good side. They should be, with the players they have. I don't buy 'too many players having an off day'.

The majority can't have a bad day all at the same time can they?

If that were a common thing, clubs would be allowed 11 subs a game! I'd swap our 11 for Man City's.  :hihi:

On Twitter, one fan said Hooper was 'awesome' or summat similar. I take it that he was really just average then?

You were there and you didn't say Hooper's was a stand out performance..

Shame that, I was geed up when I read he'd had a great game.

My balloon's been popped pretty quickly on that one.

12 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Stoke were the better side,2nd half especially,closed us down much quicker,Allen had a really good game for them,just buzzed allover MF winning balls and breaking up play for them.

Bit suprised we didnt go with Adthe and Winnall from the start,we never really got in behind them at all,Aarons pace was a big miss,hope hes not out too long.

Decent away point against a decent team that just struggle to score.

Bannan's pretty quick, but on the highlights, one Stoke player left him trailing and chasing shadows. What do you think Hooper played like?

With hindsight, and rosy blue specs taken off, a point at Stoke is a very good point, especially at this stage of the season. Stoke seem to be improving quite well under the new Manager.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

There's far too much to do now, surely?

He'll probably drop his wages for another contract. He's our best goalscorer, and 'looked after', could play a massive role for us.

Yep, Stoke are a good side. They should be, with the players they have. I don't buy 'too many players having an off day'.

The majority can't have a bad day all at the same time can they?

If that were a common thing, clubs would be allowed 11 subs a game! I'd swap our 11 for Man City's.  :hihi:

On Twitter, one fan said Hooper was 'awesome' or summat similar. I take it that he was really just average then?

You were there and you didn't say Hooper's was a stand out performance..

Shame that, I was geed up when I read he'd had a great game.

My balloon's been popped pretty quickly on that one.

Bannan's pretty quick, but on the highlights, one Stoke player left him trailing and chasing shadows. What do you think Hooper played like?

With hindsight, and rosy blue specs taken off, a point at Stoke is a very good point, especially at this stage of the season. Stoke seem to be improving quite well under the new Manager.

Not all the players had an off day just the ones that should be influential, Bannan, Reach, FF, Boyd. Hooper worked really hard but is obviously going to be rusty after such a long lay off.

Cheers Brooker.

One player having an off day is easy to spot and replace, but when it's 3 or 4 of em, then that can be a bit of a struggle.

It never used to happen in my day! :)

We'll not get anywhere with only half a team.