spanish property

53 minutes ago, Chez2 said:

The Spanish used to ignore rules about EU citizens owning in Spain anyway, its one of the reasons my parents sold up. Tax after tax.  Every time the tax was ruled as not being allowed on other EU citizens they thought up another way to tax non Spanish property owners.  I do agree the op doesn't need to be hasty. We did two years of research before buying. It meant er missed some of the cheaper opportunities at the start of the boom.

This is the same country that was building crazy amounts and advertising this property to foreign buyers?

Didn't they have a ghost town at one point??  Everything was built but nothing was sold?

Just now, geared said:

This is the same country that was building crazy amounts and advertising this property to foreign buyers?

Didn't they have a ghost town at one point??  Everything was built but nothing was sold?

loads of large ghost towns. Big estates just left at whatever stage they were for years. I haven't been recently.

In Bulgaria building slowed for a year or two about a decade ago but then picked up again very quickly. There was the odd bargain where people bought several to sell off and came into financial difficulties but they should have expected this without the recession. Supply was bound to exceed demand sooner or later. Property hasn't fallen where we are. The new builds are getting smaller and more expensive so in effect still going up, especially for front line.  You can pick up a bargain if someone needs to sell quickly. 

5 hours ago, blackydog said:

Think it was "A place in the sun" I was watching said distress sales in Spain were now pretty much a thing of the past. Can you really get something for £40k?

A member of my family bought a place for £35k in Bulgaria ,  brand new, watched it being built step by step on line but that was just over 10 years ago.

They will have increased in price over the years but not that much. They don't  regret buying it and only use it for themselves and family members.

Why do people start a topic asking for help or information and then don't acknowledge the help/information thats been given?

1 hour ago, alan p said:

Why do people start a topic asking for help or information and then don't acknowledge the help/information thats been given?

I know, rude eh? They have been logged in Sunday just before 9pm. Their profile has further information blocked, I can't see what threads they have posted or viewed. 

Theres a new airport at Murcia .I say new, but its been there for years standing mothballed whilst some technicalities were sorted out. When news about the new airport being built came out, golf course centred housing  developments were constructed near it. 

When the airport didnt 'take off', the market in these properties crashed (and the golf courses dried up and returned to barren landscape).

The new airport has finally just opened. I suspect there are bargains to be had around there.  Look around Corvera 👀

Was the the one on Top Gear??

I hope it hadn't opened to be served by FlyBMI

29 minutes ago, geared said:

Was the the one on Top Gear??

I hope it hadn't opened to be served by FlyBMI

Rings a bell..may have been! Built with EU money but then they couldnt get permission for planes to use the air space over it due to some issue with the Spanish Military.

Lols thats incredibly stupid, makes you wonder who's in control of the budget at EU level to allow such large amounts of funds to be released on something thats a non-starter to begin with.

22 minutes ago, Chez2 said:

I don't know about that airport. Here is what Wiki has to say

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murcia–San_Javier_Airport

The one from Top Gear is this one  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciudad_Real_Central_Airport

Unsurprisingly situating a big airport in the middle of no-where wasn't a massive hit, it was a 140 mile drive from Madrid, utterly stupid place to be put.

Thats like an airport for London being just south of Chesterfield