Recommendations for Good places to eat in Sheffield

PTPAA!

What are the best restaurants in Sheffield?

Verogusto on Norfolk Row

I recommend Zeugma on London Road or Ashoka on Ecclesall Road if you want to go in town, or our restaurant on Attercliffe Road, if you want to try something new. ;)

Edited by sfinx2017

OH went to Na Pedro this weekend and was raving about it.

PTPAA!

What are the best restaurants in Sheffield?

Hey, me and a friend have built a basic search service to find restaurants in Sheffield. It's a Facebook page and all you have to do is send us a message, our chatbot will then present you with options. Simply follow the options and it will suggest restaurants for you.

It's just something we are doing in our spare time as we'd like to give Sheffield restaurants a bit more visibility, there are some cracking ones out there!

Please give it a try. Like i say, it's very basic as i've mentioned, so we would love people's feedback on this if they try it out :)

Find a restaurant in Sheffield

Hi guys, 

just wanted to report a new pizza place, which opened  a few months ago in Glossop Rd, in front of the Drama Studio.  It's called Napoli Centro.

They make only few types of pizza, all very fragrant and nicely topped.  They use Caputo blue flour, San marzano tomatoes and fresh ingredients.    They also make some mean arancini and crocchette, which are often however unavailabe because they are extremely popular.

The owner has a neapolitan dad and a mother from Rotherham,  speaks fluent italian and has worked a dozen years inthe London pizza places.

It is good to have another good place for pizza, unpretentious,  cheap, open also at lunchtime.

BWs

MV

PS:  have no interest whatsoever in the shop, just like to eat there with the occasional take away.

Edited by MaxVinella

This place is definitely worth a visit. Lovely, Neopolitan style pizza served by friendly staff. Closes around 9.30pm though.

I'm pleased to hear the good reports. From the outside it looks as though it would be a nice place to go and not the typical  rubbish pizza place.

21 hours ago, MaxVinella said:

Hi guys, 

just wanted to report a new pizza place, which opened  a few months ago in Glossop Rd, in front of the Drama Studio.  It's called Napoli Centro.

They make only few types of pizza, all very fragrant and nicely topped.  They use Caputo blue flour, San marzano tomatoes and fresh ingredients.    They also make some mean arancini and crocchette, which are often however unavailabe because they are extremely popular.

The owner has a neapolitan dad and a mother from Rotherham,  speaks fluent italian and has worked a dozen years inthe London pizza places.

It is good to have another good place for pizza, unpretentious,  cheap, open also at lunchtime.

BWs

MV

PS:  have no interest whatsoever in the shop, just like to eat there with the occasional take away.

for no interest in the shop you certainly know a lot of their specific  ingredients ??????

Yes I do because I am perhaps too fussy about my food.    It is my weakness,  and having  quite an interest in cooking,   if I go to a pizza place and do not see good quality ingredients, I know it won't be good.

While waiting for my pizza, asked the same questions also to Porter pizza, and to the pizzaiolo in Proove.  Both of them use Caputo,  one uses Mutti tomatoes, the  other I think  Petti peeled  tomatoes.   The important thing is that they are done with the San Marzano variety, and not with chopped (because they would contain additives).

Plus, I enjoy some baking myself and buy the Caputo flour from an online shop.

So, am sorry if my  report seemed dodgy to you - but honestly have nothng to do with pizza shops - except that like pizza and italian food a lot.

BWs

MV

Edited by MaxVinella

13 hours ago, iamwoody said:

for no interest in the shop you certainly know a lot of their specific  ingredients ??????

If you were interested in good quality Neopolitan pizza then you would definitely know about the ingredients. The specific flour, particular tomatoes,  and top quality cheese are all so important. As is the method of cooking in a very high temperature oven.

Take a trip to Naples and eat pizza at a few places. Then you'll appreciate the best pizza in the world and the importance of quality ingredients and their provenance. 

I was in napoli last year and am off to puglia shortly and have eaten lots of pizzas but not once was i in the kitchen looking at their ingredients but hey ho i was only making an observation on the OP 

Sorry,  obviously a misunderstanding.     My  "no interest in the shop "    was meant to clarify that I do not work there, I do not own it, I am not a relative of the owner, have no financial interest in its success. 

It did not want to mean that I have no interest on how to cook a pizza, and with which ingredients - which is in fact not the case.  I take interest in food, and how it is prepared apart from the final result.    In those restaurants where I get to talk to the owner or cook, usually end up visiting the kitchen.    My curiosity and perhaps weakness.   Plus, in many pizza places they cook right there in front of you.

MV

Edited by MaxVinella