Recommendations for Good places to eat in Sheffield

What's Oisoi like? I've been past and it definitely looks interesting, run by the same people as Tai Sun and Wa Ding.

We recently went to Ego and the food was great. Which other restaurants are this good in Sheffield?

Is that city centre? When we went a few weeks ago it was at Beauchief. Good though.

Hang on. Different spelling. Eggo. Not tried the other one. It sounds like we went to the good one. Bob Eggo is a proper chef and the bistro is excellent. BYOW too.

Went to Surf & Turf on London Road last night. Food was excellent. Handy also for a beer with rock & roll at White Lion afterwards

Edited by foxy lady

What's Oisoi like? I've been past and it definitely looks interesting, run by the same people as Tai Sun and Wa Ding.

I had lunch there in their opening week, some five course thing for a special price, it was excellent. Not been since mind.

Someone told about a lunch time fish and chip restaurant that was good but when we got there it was shut down. Called the Seafayre I think on Charles Street but it said it had moved to the Moor market so we didn't bother, went to Browns instead, that was

good.

I had lunch there in their opening week, some five course thing for a special price, it was excellent. Not been since mind.

Yeah, same for me and I thought it was really good too. My friend actually went back a few weeks ago and he told me the portion got smaller but the price went up. I'll probably try it out again sometime soon.

Someone told about a lunch time fish and chip restaurant that was good but when we got there it was shut down. Called the Seafayre I think on Charles Street but it said it had moved to the Moor market so we didn't bother, went to Browns instead, that was

good.

Seafayre was a takeaway in the old Castle Markets and moved into the shop so they could have a eat in area, it didn't suit them so the moved into the new market building.

Seafayre was a takeaway in the old Castle Markets and moved into the shop so they could have a eat in area, it didn't suit them so the moved into the new market building.

I called in when it was on Charles Street. It was OK and sold beers and wine as well as fish and chips. They didn't leave because the place didn't suit them. They weren't given the option. Notice to quit isn't optional.

Not in the centre of Sheffield but on the outskirts [Dore] is Dore Grill great place to eat. Book in plenty of time because its so good it gets very busy

Not in the centre of Sheffield but on the outskirts [Dore] is Dore Grill great place to eat. Book in plenty of time because its so good it gets very busy

I heard that it's very old fashioned, but in a good way. True or not?

Yeah in a very good way good old fashioned service. Don't know many places that helps you take off your coat and puts it in a cloak room. Its been in the family for years and its just the way they do things

We went REDS TRUE BBQ last night (although not truly in city centre) but worth a mention as it was fantastic! Really really good quality food. Seen a few negative remarks on the forum about it, they admitted they have had some teething probs but they are so sorted now.

Service was great, lovely atmosphere but the food, really 100%