Game of Thrones series 8.

Anyone else rewatching series 1 - 7?

I'm doing a final watch with subtitles 😁

One of the best adaptations I've ever watched. I've enjoyed every series but I think series 3 was the best so far.

Should re-watch first TBH, but haven't. Used to do it every new series of the walking dead but got a bit much at about series 7 (there's more episodes a series)

Just re-watched season 7.

So far, 2 episodes in and I'm not overly impressed with season 8. Too much dialog and not enough action for my taste buds! Suspect we'll get a little more action in episode 3 though....

5 hours ago, Waldo said:

Just re-watched season 7.

So far, 2 episodes in and I'm not overly impressed with season 8. Too much dialog and not enough action for my taste buds! Suspect we'll get a little more action in episode 3 though....

I keep hearing people say this and I have to wonder what you expected? Everything last season pointed to the factions putting aside their differences to face the common enemy, coming together to face them in a colossal battle. They were never going to jump straight into battle, they're almost certainly using the calm before the storm to close off some character arcs before a lot of them die in the next few eps.

Personally I think the first two episodes contained some great scenes, especially any scene containing Tormund :D

For me, I'd have preferred to have the dialog and reconciliation scenes, interlaced with some skirmishes with the dead.

Action or not it's had two of the best and funniest lines of dialogue so far lol

1 in each episode

Don't see what the fuss was about. Certainly if you consider some other grittier sex scenes the show has had.

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

Don't see what the fuss was about. Certainly if you consider some other grittier sex scenes the show has had.

I think its down to a few things

1: Arya is a virgin

2: Maisie has grown up from a child on the show, obviously into a young woman now

3: Maisie is a fan favourite and funny as hell

Wasn't Sansa a virgin too, when she was quite brutally raped by Ramsey? Also, what about Theon Greyjoy's sexy-time-gone-wrong? He was proper mutulated against his will! Nothing wrong with any of that, but when poor little Maisie gets a bit on possibly her last night alive, all hell breaks loose!

My only issue with it, is it takes time away from fights with the dead and other action stuff.

Maise is great though, deffo one of my fave characters, and the faceless cult storyline has been awesome too. The Walder Fray pie thing was fantastic.

Edited by Waldo

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Wasn't Sansa a virgin too, when she was quite brutally raped by Ramsey? Also, what about Theon Greyjoy's sexy-time-gone-wrong? He was proper mutulated against his will! Nothing wrong with any of that, but when poor little Maisie gets a bit on possibly her last night alive, all hell breaks loose!

My only issue with it, is it takes time away from fights with the dead and other action stuff.

Maise is great though, deffo one of my fave characters, and the faceless cult storyline has been awesome too. The Walder Fray pie thing was fantastic.

as i said the action and fighting will come...and the deaths, but dont wanna peak too early fella

16 minutes ago, melthebell said:

as i said the action and fighting will come...and the deaths, but dont wanna peak too early fella

Lets hope so!