Brunei behaving like the era is the 1300s

So from the 3rd April the Sultan of Brunei who has been in power since 1967,  is going to bring back  death by stoning.

Apparently the despot behaved himself while Brunei was a British colony up to 1984.

The Guardian report says "Britain and Brunei still enjoy strong ties".

Another madman of the same ilk as Kim jong

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/28/brunei-brings-in-death-by-stoning-as-punishment-for-gay-sex

Edited by Janus

You might want to check that link you posted....(its not about Brunei)

1 hour ago, Robin-H said:

Apparently these laws will only apply to Muslims (who make up the majority of the population). 

"He's gay! Stone him to death!"

"No, I renounce Islam. I'm no longer subject to sharia law!"

"He's an apostate! Stone him to death!"

As has already been said. Barbaric!

12 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Well that’s alright then 🤨

I assume you're joking. I can't see whatever emoji you posted. 

6 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I assume you're joking. I can't see whatever emoji you posted. 

Yes I was, if joking is the right word. 

Given how the rest of the world world is moving I cannot fathom why an apparently civilised society has taken this giant step backwards.

9 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Given how the rest of the world world is moving I cannot fathom why an apparently civilised society has taken this giant step backwards.

It's not even like Hassanal Bolkiah (The Sultan) is a devout and conservative Muslim who genuine thinks that these types of punishments are stipulated by god. 

He named one of his yachts 'Tits', with the lifeboats 'Nipple 1 and Nipple 2'. He ordered a naked (and erect) statue of himself in karma sutra like poses with a woman. He had western women flown to Brunei to act as sex toys for the sultanate's elite (Miss USA went on to launch legal action against him). 

22 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

It's not even like Hassanal Bolkiah (The Sultan) is a devout and conservative Muslim who genuine thinks that these types of punishments are stipulated by god. 

He named one of his yachts 'Tits', with the lifeboats 'Nipple 1 and Nipple 2'. He ordered a naked (and erect) statue of himself in karma sutra like poses with a woman. He had western women flown to Brunei to act as sex toys for the sultanate's elite (Miss USA went on to launch legal action against him). 

I believe the yacht and the Miss USA thing etc are the doing of Jefri Bolkiah- the Sultan's brother.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefri_Bolkiah,_Prince_of_Brunei

Edited by Guest
link pasted

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

But lots of the world is moving backwards. Indonesia is also hotting up on Sharia laws.