courier service

would anyone know of a reasonably priced courier service to collect items from grantham and return to sheffield

Apollo distribution. Disclaimer - I used to work for them many many years ago...

Think they are based up round the back end of Carlisle street nowadays.

go on tranglobal express. They are a booking agent for the big ones like UPS / DHL etc. You can do it is a collect they email the label. You just do it as a one-off online purchase.

Depends on size of course and how quick you need it. a UPS pickup of a few kilos is £10-£15

Go on Shipley site ,put in details what needs collecting and post codes and the couriers then bid on your work 

Why not use someone like Hermes? You can arrange collection and delivery

8 minutes ago, willman said:

Why not use someone like Hermes? You can arrange collection and delivery

Just be careful with Hermes though, lots of their drivers are only doing it as an add-on and seem to have poor local knowledge. I'm not sure if they have visitable depots either. This could have changed, so please correct me, just experience I had before with them.

You could be right W ,but they work for me. They could pick up from the op's collection point and then drop at a central hub and then trunk it up here, there's a Hermes hub near Rother Valley which services this end of Sheffield anyway. 

Try this web site. I have used it many times and usually opt for Hermes or DHL depending on the weight and dimensions. This site gives options of various couriers and delivery options with prices. 

https://www.parcel2go.com/

14 hours ago, forgeman said:

Try this web site. I have used it many times and usually opt for Hermes or DHL depending on the weight and dimensions. This site gives options of various couriers and delivery options with prices. 

https://www.parcel2go.com/

I've just done a trial shipment today using these, looks good. I'll wait and see how it pans out through to delivery.